This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Bilateral shoulder dislocation is an unusual clinical entity. Proposed mechanisms are via various traumatic insults, atraumatic occurrences, and through extreme muscular contractions. A case involving traumatic dislocation as a result of a diving incident is reported. A brief review of this rare clinical condition is presented.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Emergency Medicine
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Bilateral dislocation of the shoulders.Injury. 1983; 15: 267-273
- Bilateral posterior fracturedislocation of the shoulder after convulsive status epilepticus.Ann Emerg Med. 1985; 14: 264-266
- Bilateral posterior dislocation of shoulders.Br Med J. 1969; 2: 822
- Bilateral posterior fracture-dislocation of the shoulder-an uncommon complication of a convulsive seizure.N Engl J Med. 1970; 283: 135-136
- Unusual dislocations associated with epileptic fits.Br Med J. 1984; 288: 681-682
- Obustronne urazowe zwichniecie stawow barkowych w przebiegu myasthenia gravis.Wiad Lek. 1969; 22: 59-62
- Atraumatic bilateral habitual dislocation in cerebral palsy (a case report).Indian Pediatr. 1972; 9: 36
- Voluntary bilateral posterior dislocation of the shoulder joint.Clin Orthop. 1969; 63: 181-183
- Voluntary dislocation of the shoulder.J Bone Joint Surg. 1973; 55: 445-460
- Ketoldah vallficam polytraumatizalt betegen.Magyar Traumatologia. 1973; 16: 229-235
- Bilateral anterior dislocation of the shoulders a case report.Injury. 1976; 8: 67-69
- Anterior dislocation of the shoulders with bilateral brachial plexus injury.Ann Emerg Med. 1989; 18: 589-591
- External rotation method of shoulder dislocation reduction.JACEP. 1979; 8: 528-531
Accepted: June 22, 1989
Received in revised form: June 12, 1989
Received: April 4, 1989
© 1990 Published by Elsevier Inc.