This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Emergency Medicine
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Communication between physicians and surviving spouses following patient deaths.J Gen Intern Med. 1986; 1: 309-314
- Living with death and dying.in: MacMillian, New York1981: 160-181
- How to tell the family that the patient has died.Postgrad Med. 1980; 68: 207-209
- Psychiatric emergencies associated with death.Emerg Psychiatr. 1983; : 231-241
- Informing the family of sudden death.Am Fam Physician. 1981; 23: 115-118
- Family participation during resuscitation: an option.Ann Emerg Med. 1987; 16: 673-675
- Death telling: managing the delivery of bad news.J Health Soc Behav. 1982; 23: 366-380
- Sudden unexpected death: intervention with survivors.Ann Emerg Med. 1986; 15: 54-57
- Treating the person confronting death.in: The Harvard guide to modern psychiatry. 1978: 579-606
- The necropsy as a tool in medical progress.Bull NY Acad Med. 1968; 44: 808-829
- Physicians' attitudes and approaches are pivotal in procuring organs for transplantation.JAMA. 1991; 265: 1227-1228
- Effects of bereavement on physical and mental health—a study of the medical records of widows.Br Med J (Clin Res). 1964; 2: 274-279
- The first year of bereavement: a longitudinal study of the reaction of London widows to the death of their husbands.Psychiatry. 1971; 33: 444-467
- Health and bereavement: a controlled study of young Boston widows and widowers.Psychiatr Med. 1972; 34: 449-461
- Mortality and morbidity in the first year of widowhood.Arch Gen Psychiatr. 1974; 30: 747-750
- Mortality after bereavement.Epidmiol Rev. 1981; 114: 41-52
- Emergency physicians' responses to families following patient death.Ann Emerg Med. 1990; 19: 125-128
Accepted: August 12, 1991
Received: July 30, 1991
☆This report is dedicated to the graduating Medical School Class of 1993, Charlottesville, Virginia.
© 1992 Published by Elsevier Inc.