Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. Clinical quality measures (CQMs). Available at: http://www.cms.gov/Regulations-and-Guidance/Legislation/EHRIncentivePrograms/ClinicalQualityMeasures.html. Accessed November 28, 2012.
Medicare. Hospital compare: quality of care. Available at: http://www.hospitalcompare.hhs.gov. Accessed October 26, 2011.
U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. Hospital value-based purchasing: measuring explanations. Available at: http://www.healthcare.gov/news/factsheets/2011/04/value basedpurchasing04292011b.html. Accessed October 26, 2011.
Adamy J. U.S. ties hospital payments to making patients happy. The Wall Street Journal, October 14, 2012. Available at: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390443890304578010264156073132.html. Accessed November 26, 2012.
- Framework for analyzing wait times and other factors that impact patient satisfaction in the emergency department.J Emerg Med. 2011; 41: 686-692
- Emergency department patient satisfaction survey in Imam Reza Hospital, Tabriz, Iran.Int J Emerg Med. 2011; 4: 2
- Patient satisfaction as a function of emergency department previsit expectations.Ann Emerg Med. 2009; 54 (e6): 360-367
- Emergency department: improving patient satisfaction.Nurs Econ. 2004; 22 (55): 71-74
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. Improving patient satisfaction in the emergency department (ED) with a call back clerk; January 4, 2008. Available at: http://www.rwjf.org/content/rwjf/en/about-rwjf/newsroom/newsroom-content/2008/06/improving-patient-satisfaction-in-the-emergency-department-ed-wi.html. Accessed November 28, 2012.
- Patient satisfaction investigations and the emergency department: what does the literature say?.Acad Emerg Med. 2000; 7: 695-709
- Emergency department patient satisfaction: examining the role of acuity.Acad Emerg Med. 2004; 11: 162-168
Román C, Setia N. Discharge phone calls nearly double patient satisfaction. Hardwired Results Ezine, Issue 9; StuderGroup; 2008. Available at: https://www.studergroup.com/newsletter/Vol1_Issue9/issue9_article4.htm. Accessed November 28, 2012.
Baker S. Hardwiring flow in the emergency department. Hardwired Results Ezine; StuderGroup; 2010. Available at: https://www.studergroup.com/newsletter/Vol1_Issue 12/Issue12_article1.html. Accessed November 2012.
- The impact of post-discharge patient call back on patient satisfaction in two academic emergency departments.J Emerg Med. 2013; 44: 236-241
- Patient satisfaction in emergency medicine.Emerg Med J. 2004; 21: 528-532
- Satisfied Patients Exiting the Emergency Department (SPEED) study.Acad Emerg Med. 2002; 9: 15-21
- Patient satisfaction in the Emergency Department: a review of the literature and implications for practice.J Emerg Med. 2004; 26: 13-26
- Emergency department satisfaction: what matters most?.Ann Emerg Med. 1993; 22: 586-591
- Effects of actual waiting time, perceived waiting time, information delivery, and expressive quality on patient satisfaction in the emergency department.Ann Emerg Med. 1996; 28: 657-665
- Satisfaction with hospital emergency department as a function of patient triage.Health Care Manage Rev. 1986; 11: 21-27
- Waiting times and patient satisfaction in the accident and emergency department.Arch Emerg Med. 1992; 9: 162-168
- The one number you need to grow.Harv Bus Rev. 2003; 81 (124): 46-54
- Does patient satisfaction affect patient loyalty?.Int J Health Care Qual Assur. 2011; 24: 266-273
- The effectiveness of an organized emergency department follow-up system.Ann Emerg Med. 1986; 15: 911-915
- The impact of follow-up telephone calls to patients after hospitalization.Am J Med. 2001; 111: 26S-30S
- Physician e-mail and telephone contact after emergency department visit improves patient satisfaction: a crossover trial.Ann Emerg Med. 2013; 61: 631-637
- The effects of physician empathy on patient satisfaction and compliance.Eval Health Prof. 2004; 27: 237-251
- Efficacy of a telephone follow-up system in the emergency department.J Emerg Med. 1988; 6: 249-254
- Practitioner empathy and the duration of the common cold.Fam Med. 2009; 41: 494-501
- Physicians' empathy and clinical outcomes for diabetic patients.Acad Med. 2011; 86: 359-364