Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Emergency Medicine
- Emergency Medicine—a comprehensive study guide. McGraw Hill, New York1996
- Principles and practice of anesthesiology. Mosby, St. Louis, MO1993
- Principles of surgery. 6th edn. McGraw-Hill, New York1994
- Operative hand surgery. 3rd edn. Churchill-Livingstone, New York1993
- Clinical procedures in emergency medicine. WB Saunders, Philadelphia, PA1998
- Five minute emergency medicine consult. Lippincott, Williams, and Wilkins, New York1999
- Ring removal from the injured or swollen finger.J R Coll Surg Edinb. 1991; 36: 59
- Ring removal from the oedematous finger.J Hand Surg (Br). 1995; 20B: 496
- Removal of a hardened steel ring from an extremely swollen finger.Am J Emerg Med. 1995; 13: 318-320
Young JR. Unring a finger. Emerg Med 1982;Sept:107–8.
- Removal of a ring from a swollen finger with out injuring the ring.J Dermatol Oncol. 1980; 6: 298-299
- Removal of a tight ring by the rubber band.J Hand Surg (Br). 1991; 16: 225-226
- Strangulation of the penis by a metallic nut.Int Surg. 1977; 62: 558-560
- Strangulation of the glans penis by hair.Urology. 1978; 11: 170-172
- Removal of a strangulating object from the penis.Urology. 1979; 14: 209
- A hair coil strangulation of the penis.J R Coll Surg Edinb. 1980; 1: 47-51
- Treatment of penile incarceration by the string method.J Urology. 1993; 149: 272-273
- An improved method of ring removal.J Hand Surg (Br). 1999; 4B: 118-119
Pfenninger J, Fowler G. Procedures for the primary care physician. 1st edn. XXXX: Mosby Year-book; 1994.
- A simplified method for emergency ring removal.Am J Surg. 1986; 151: 412-412
- A technique for removal of a tight ring.J Hand Surg (Br). 1989; 14B: 127-128
- Another simple method for ring removal.Anesthesiology. 1995; 83: 1133-1134
- A Simple technique for removing stubborn rings prior to hand surgery.J Hand Surg (Br). 1993; 18B: 544
- Sapphire ring constriction syndrome.Ann Plastic Surg. 1988; 21: 375-376
- Ulceration of a ring in to a phalanx.The Hand. 1976; 8: 188-189
- Thrombosis of the digital arteries as the cause of a class IIa ring avulsion.Southern Med J. 1994; 87: 264-265
Shafiroff B. Easy removal of a partially embedded ring from a finger. Plastic Reconstructive Surg 1979;June:841–2.
- The embedded ring.Orthoped. 1985; 8: 999
- Embedded ring injuries.Clin Orthoped Relat Res. 1992; 276: 192-193
- Hair-thread tourniquet syndrome.Pediatrics. 1988; 82: 925-928
- Hair and gone.Emer Med. 1998; 30: 15
- A rapid method for emergency ring removal.Am J Ortho. 1996; 25: 42-44
Brock S, Kuhn W. Removal of a constricting band using the Dremel drill [letter]. Acad Emerg Med 1999;6:1182–3.
- Genital incarceration with metal rings.Tech Urol. 1999; 5: 116-118
Greenspan L. Tourniquet syndrome cause by metallic bands: a new tool for removal. Ann Emerg Med 1982;1 1:7:375–8.
- A rapid method of removal of rings impacted in fingers.J Hand Surg. 1989; 14B: 126
- Medical application of the Dremel Multipro rotary tool.Acad Emerg Med. 2000; 7: 308
- Foreign body granuloma and synovitis of the finger.J Hand Surg. 1987; 12A: 621-623
- Constricting bands. Manifestations of possible child abuse. Case reports and a review.Clin Pediatr (Phila). 1988; 27: 439-444