Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Emergency Medicine
- Rapid-sequence intubation comes of age.Ann Emerg Med. 1996; 28: 79-81
American College of Emergency Physicians. Rapid-sequence intubation [position statement 400177], 1996.
- Advanced trauma life support for doctors, 6th edn. ACS, Chicago1997
- Complications of emergency intubation with and without paralysis.Am J Emerg Med. 1999; 17: 141-143
Salem MR, Wafai Y. Practical confirmation of endotracheal intubation in the trauma patient. Anesthesiology News 1997;Jan:4–32.
Gawande A. When doctors make mistakes. New Yorker 1999;Feb 1:40–55.
- Accidental intubation of the oesophagus.Anaesth Intensive Care. 1980; 8: 183-186
- Death and other complications of emergency airway management in critically ill adults.Anesthesiology. 1995; 82: 367-376
- Aspirated air capnography with esophageal detector device to confirm tracheal intubation in rapid sequence induction.Middle East J Anesthesiol. 1998; 14: 381-386
- Improving the quality of reports of meta-analyses of randomised controlled trials.Lancet. 1999; 354: 1896-1900
- Safety evaluation and confidence intervals when number of observed events is small or zero.Ann Emerg Med. 1997; 30: 301-306
- The self-inflating bulb to detect esophageal intubation during emergency airway management.Anesthesiology. 1998; 88: 898-902
- Confirmation of ETT placement after emergency intubation.Anesthesiology. 1996; 34 ([abstract]): A232
- A disposable end-tidal CO2 detector to verify endotracheal intubation.Ann Emerg Med. 1991; 20: 271-275
- Comparison of a colorimetric end-tidal CO2 detector and an esophageal aspiration device for verifying endotracheal tube placement in the prehospital setting.Prehospital Disaster Med. 1997; 12: 57-63
- Clinical utility of a colorimetric end-tidal CO2 detector in cardiopulmonary resuscitation and emergency intubation.J Clin Monit. 1991; 7: 289-293
- Colorimetric end-tidal CO2 detector for verification of endotracheal tube placement in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest.Acad Emerg Med. 1995; 2: 499-502
- Verification of endotracheal tube placement with colorimetric end-tidal CO2 detection.Ann Emerg Med. 1991; 20: 267-270
- Multicenter study of a portable, hand-size, colorimetric end-tidal carbon dioxide detection device.Ann Emerg Med. 1992; 21: 518-523
- Validity of a disposable end-tidal CO2 detector in verifying endotracheal tube placement in infants and children.Ann Emerg Med. 1992; 21: 142-145
- Esophageal detector device versus detection of end-tidal carbon dioxide level in emergency intubation.Ann Emerg Med. 1996; 27: 595-599
- Evaluation of an end-tidal CO2 detector during pediatric cardiopulmonary resuscitation.Pediatrics. 1995; 95: 395-399
- Portable devices used to detect endotracheal intubation during emergency situations.Crit Care Med. 1998; 26: 957-964
- Auscultation cannot distinguish esophageal from tracheal passage of tube.J Clin Monit. 1991; 7: 232-236
- Esophageal intubation.Anesth Analg. 1986; 65: 886-891
- Signs of endotracheal intubation.Anesthesia. 1980; 35: 984-986
- Assessing the position of the tracheal tube. The reliability of different methods.Anaesthesia. 1989; 44: 984-985
- Alteration of endotracheal tube position. Flexion and extension of the neck.Crit Care Med. 1976; 4: 7-12
- Respiratory recording from the oesophagus.Br Med J. 1974; 4: 225
- Endotracheal tube misplacement.Anaesth Intensive Care. 1982; 10: 274-276
- Condensation on tracheal tubes is commonly seen with oesophageal intubation.Br J Anaesth. 1995; 75: 115-116
- Efficacy of endotracheal tube cuff palpation and humidity in distinguishing endotracheal from esophageal intubation.Anesthesiology. 1988; 69 ([abstract]): A265
- The self-inflating bulb for confirmation of tracheal intubation.Anesthesiology. 1994; 81 ([abstract]): A1303
- Out-of-hospital experience with the syringe esophageal detector device.Acad Emerg Med. 1997; 4: 563-568
- The self-inflating bulb for confirmation of intubation.Anesthesiology. 1994; 81 ([abstract]): A1303
- Efficacy of the self-inflating bulb in confirming tracheal intubation in the morbidly obese.Anesthesiology. 1996; 85: 246-253
- Esophageal detector device.Ann Emerg Med. 1996; 28: 582
- Radiographic detection of esophageal malpositioning of endotracheal tubes.Am J Roentgenol. 1990; 154: 23-26
- Comparison of end-tidal carbon dioxide, oxygen saturation and clinical signs for the detection of oesophageal intubation.Can J Anaesth. 1989; 36: 560-564
- Adverse respiratory events in anesthesia.Anesthesiology. 1990; 72: 828-833
Welch R. CO2 monitoring. The quest to verify ETT placement. J Emerg Med Serv 1996:95–100.
- Tracheal intubation is not invariably confirmed by capnography.Anesthesiology. 1990; 73: 1285-1287
- Unusual cause of an absent capnogram.Anesthesiology. 1989; 71: 992-993
- Esophageal intubation.Anesth Analg. 1987; 66: 481-483
- False-positive end-tidal CO2.Ann Emerg Med. 1996; 28: 458-459
- Capnography for detection of accidental oesophageal intubation.Acta Anaesthesiol Scand. 1983; 27: 199-202
- Detection of oesophageal intubation.Anaesthesia. 1989; 44: 81-83
- Detection of oesophageal intubation.Anaesthesia. 1992; 47: 70-71
- Reliability of capnography in identifying esophageal intubation with carbonated beverage or antacid in the stomach.Anesth Analg. 1991; 73: 333-337
- End-tidal CO2 detection.Ann Emerg Med. 1989; 18: 1375-1378
- Planning the measurements.in: Hulley S.B Cummings S.R Designing clinical research. Williams & Wilkins, Baltimore1988: 40
American Society of Anesthesiologists. Standards for basic intraoperative monitoring. ASA Newsletter 1996.
- Confirmation of airway placement.Prehosp Emerg Care. 1999; 3: 273-278