Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Household food security in the United States, 2006 (Report No.: ERR-49).United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, Washington, DC2007
- The economic cost of domestic hunger.Sodexho Foundation, Gaithersburg, MD2007
- Child food insecurity increases risks posed by household food insecurity to young children's health.J Nutr. 2006; 136: 1073-1076
- The prevalence and effects of hunger in an emergency department patient population.Acad Emerg Med. 1999; 6: 1109-1114
- Guide to measuring household food security.U.S. Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service, Alexandria, VA2000
- Household food insufficiency is associated with poorer health.J Nutr. 2003; 133: 120-126
- Financial difficulty in acquiring food among elderly disabled women: results from the Women's Health and Aging Study.Am J Public Health. 2001; 91: 68-75
- Does hunger cause obesity?.Pediatrics. 1995; 95: 766-767
- Nutrition and health outcomes associated with food insecurity and hunger.J Nutr. 1999; 129: 521S-524S
- Food insecurity is associated with increased risk of obesity in California women.J Nutr. 2001; 133: 1070-1074
- Food insecurity is positively related to overweight in women.J Nutr. 2001; 131: 1738-1745
- Household food insecurity and overweight status in young school children: results from the Early Childhood Longitudinal Study.Pediatrics. 2006; 117: 464-473
- Self-reported concern about food security associated with obesity—Washington, 1995–1999.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2003; 52: 840-842
- Child-specific food insecurity and overweight are not associated in a sample of 10- to 15-year-old low-income youth.J Nutr. 2008; 138: 371-378
- Household food security and nutritional status of Hispanic children in the fifth grade.Am J Clin Nutr. 2002; 76: 210-217
- Food security and nutritional outcomes of preschool-age Mexican-American children.J Am Diet Assoc. 2002; 102: 924-929
- Gender and marital status clarify associations between food insecurity and body weight.J Nutr. 2007; 137: 1460-1465
- Poverty and obesity: the role of energy density and energy costs.Am J Clin Nutr. 2004; 79: 6-16
- Neighborhood characteristics associated with the location of food stores and food service places.Am J Prev Med. 2002; 22: 23-29
- Use of a single-question screening tool to detect hunger in families attending a neighborhood health center.Ambul Pediatr. 2007; 7: 278-284
This work was supported by the Harvard Clinical Nutrition Research Center ( P30-DK040561 ) (Boston, MA).
Currently, Dr. Clark works in the Division of General Internal Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.