Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Schloendorf v. Society of New York Hospital, 211 N.Y. 125, 129 (1914).
- Integrity.in: Pellgrino E.D. Thomasma D.C. The virtues of medical practice. Oxford University Press, New York1993: 127-143
- Clinical issues on consent: some philosophical concerns.J Med Ethics. 2002; 28: 377-380
- Assessing patients' capacities to consent to treatment.in: Grisso T. Appelbaum P.S. Assessing competence to consent to treatment: a guide for physicians and other health professionals. Oxford University Press, New York1998: 77-100
- Assessing patients' capacities to consent to treatment.N Engl J Med. 1988; 319: 1635-1638
- Emergency determination of decision-making capacity: balancing autonomy and beneficence in the emergency department.Acad Emerg Med. 2001; 3: 282-284
- Mental capacity, legal competence and consent to treatment.J R Soc Med. 2004; 97: 415-420
- Compentency to give informed consent.JAMA. 1984; 252: 925-927
- Capacity and coercion: dilemmas in the discharge of older people with dementia from general hospital settings.Age Ageing. 2005; 34: 16-20
- Practice in analysis.in: Thinking with concepts. Cambridge University Press, New York1963: 142-168
- Assessing capacity.Emerg Med Clin North Am. 2000; 18: 233-242
- Achieving informed consent when patients appear to lack capacity and surrogates.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2000; 378: 78-82
- Nonoperative treatment of acute extradural hematomas: analysis of 80 cases.Trauma. 1996; 41: 696-698
- Refusal of care and discharging ‘difficult’ patients from the emergency room.Ann Emerg Med. 1990; 19: 1436-1446
- Patients who refuse treatment in medical hospitals.JAMA. 1983; 250: 1296-1301
Tarasoff v. Regents of the University of California, 17 Cal.3d 425 (1976).
- Debating patients' capacity to decide.The New York Times, Oct 2 2001 (F5)