When I accepted the James D. Mills Award from The American College of Emergency Physicians, I had three goals in mind, which I wanted to share with those attending the commemorative dinner meeting. My first goal was to remind those in attendance that each of us must make our academic dreams come true. My next goal was to acknowledge two of my empowering teachers at the dinner, Dr. Peter Rosen and Dr. William Sacco, who have made revolutionary advances in health care; and finally, I wished to remind the membership of the need to work with Congressional leaders to pass the Access to Emergency Medical Services Act of 2009. I warned the leaders in emergency medicine of the necessity to pass the Access to Emergency Medical Services Act of 2009 to ensure that our emergency medical patients receive prompt and responsible care. This has been our quest.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Emergency Medicine
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Riding Pegasus on a heavenly journey.J Emerg Med. 1995; 13: 811-814
- Desirable attributes of a teacher.J Emerg Med. 1990; 8: 343-345
- Rosen's emergency medicine concepts and clinical practice.Mosby, Philadelphia, PA2006
- Precise formulation and evidence-based application of resource-constrained triage.Acad Emerg Med. 2005; 12: 759-770
- Access to Emergency Medical Services Act of 2009.American College of Emergency Physicians, Irving, TX2009
- The quest for the cure of all chronic illnesses: a wake-up call from the President of the United States.J Emerg Med. 2000; 19: 281-285
Published online: May 13, 2010
Accepted: March 16, 2010
Received in revised form: December 23, 2009
Received: August 23, 2009
© 2010 Elsevier Inc. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.