Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Emergency Medicine
- A conceptual model of emergency department crowding.Ann Emerg Med. 2003; 42: 173-180
- The antecedents and consequences of customer satisfaction for firms.Mark Sci. 1993; 12: 125-143
- Customer satisfaction, market share, and profitability: findings from Sweden.J Mark. 1994; 58: 53-66
- A dynamic model of the duration of customer’s relationship with a continuous service provider: the role of satisfaction.Mark Sci. 1998; 18: 45-65
- Satisfaction, compliance, and communication.Br J Clin Psychol. 1982; 21: 241-254
- Reducing legal risk by practicing patient-centered medicine.Arch Intern Med. 2002; 162: 1217-1219
Stawiski S, Bavin S, Fulton B. The impact of patient satisfaction on pay-for-performance in medical practices. Available at: http://www.pressganey.com/galleries/default-file/Med_Practice_P4P_6-08.pdf. Accessed August 1, 2009.
- Patient satisfaction in the emergency department: a review of the literature and implications for practice.J Emerg Med. 2004; 26: 13-26
Maister DH. The psychology of waiting lines. Available at: http://davidmaister.com/articles/5/52/. Accessed July 7, 2009.
- The effects of the service environment on affect and customer perception of waiting time: an integrative review and research propositions.J Acad Mark Sci. 1996; 24: 338-349
- The effects of queue structure on attitudes.J Serv Res. 2002; 5: 125-139
- “David Maister” in business minds: connect with the world's greatest management thinkers.Prentice Hall, New York2002
- Patient comprehension of emergency department care and instructions: are patients aware of when they do not understand?.Ann Emerg Med. 2009; 54: 454-461
- Doctor-patient communication and patient satisfaction: a review.Fam Pract. 1998; 15: 480-492
Viccellio P, Schneider SM, Asplin B, et al. Emergency department crowding: high-impact solutions. American College of Emergency Website. Available at: http://www.acep.org/workarea/downloadasset.aspx?id=37960. Accessed July 7, 2009.
- How accurate are waiting time perceptions of patients in the emergency department?.Ann Emerg Med. 1996; 28: 652-656
- Prescription for the waiting in line blues: entertain, enlighten and engage.Sloan Manag Rev. 1991; : 44-53
- Think proactive: new insights in decision-making.Professional Development Institute, Ottawa, Canada1983
Pawlowski A. Queuing psychology: can waiting in line be fun? CNN website. Available at: http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/science/11/20/queuing.psychology/. Accessed July 7, 2009.
Press Ganey. Emergency Department Pulse Report 2009. Available at: http://www.pressganey.com/galleries/ED_Pulse_2009_files/2009_ED_Pulse_Report.pdf. Accessed August 1, 2009.
- Optimizing emergency department front-end operations.Ann Emerg Med. 2010; 55: 142-160
Miller JA. Studying satisfaction, modifying models, eliciting expectations, posing problems, and making meaningful measurements. In: Hunt HK, ed. Conceptualization and measurement of consumer satisfaction and dissatisfaction. Cambridge, MA: Marketing Science Institute; 1977:72–91.
- A dynamic process model of service quality: from expectations to behavioral intentions.J Mark Res. 1993; 30: 7-27
- The effects of intraencounter changes in expectations on perceived service quality models.J Serv Res. 1999; 1: 275-289
- The nature and determinants of customer expectations of service.J Acad Mark Sci. 1993; 21: 1-12