Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Emergency Medicine
Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME). ACGME Outcomes Project. Available at: http://www.acgme.org/outcome/comp/compMin.asp. Accessed January 27, 2009.
American Board of Medical Specialties. MOC competencies and criteria. Available at: http://www.abms.org/Maintenance_of_Certification/MOC_competencies.aspx. Accessed December 2, 2010.
- Accuracy of physician self-assessment compared with observed measures of competence: a systematic review.JAMA. 2006; 296: 1094-1102
- Flawed self-assessment: implications for health, education, and the workplace.Psychol Sci Public Interest. 2004; 5: 69-106
- Psychometric characteristics of simulation-based assessment in anaesthesia and accuracy of self-assessed scores.Anaesthesia. 2005; 60: 245-250
- Self-assessment in simulation-based surgical skills training.Am J Surg. 2003; 185: 319-322
- First-year medical students’ assessment of their own communication skills: a video-based, open-ended approach.Patient Educ Couns. 2007; 68: 161-166
- "I’ll never play professional football" and other fallacies of self-assessment.J Contin Educ Health Prof. 2008; 28: 14-19
- Patient assessment and management examination: lack of correlation between faculty assessment and resident self-assessment.Am J Surg. 2008; 195: 16-19
- How can I know what I don’t know? Poor self assessment in a well-defined domain.Adv Health Sci Educ Theory Pract. 2004; 9: 211-224
- A longitudinal study of self-assessment accuracy.Med Educ. 2003; 37: 645-649
- Resident self-assessment of operative performance.Am J Surg. 2003; 185: 521-524
- Value of debriefing during simulated crisis management: oral versus video-assisted oral feedback.Anesthesiology. 2006; 105: 279-285
- Difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence: novice physicians who are unskilled and unaware of it.Acad Med. 2001; 76: S87-S89