Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Emergency Medicine
- Syncope in children and adolescents.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1997; 29: 1039-1045
- Cardiac causes of syncope.Pediatr Rev. 1987; 9: 101-108
- The noninvasive evaluation of syncope of suspected cardiovascular origin.Am Heart J. 1989; 117: 160-163
- Evaluating the child with syncope.Pediatr Ann. 1991; 20 (354–6, 359): 350-351
- Syncope in children and adolescents.Pediatr Emerg Care. 1989; 5: 80-82
- Long-term follow-up of children and adolescents with syncope; predictor of syncope recurrence.Eur Heart J. 2001; 22: 1618-1625
- Conditions that mimic seizures.in: Kleigman R. Jenson H. Behrman R. Stanton B. Nelson textbook of pediatrics. 18th edn. Saunders, Philadelphia2007: 2476-2478
- Costs and utility of tests in the evaluation of the pediatric patients with syncope.Prog Pediatr Cardiol. 2001; 13: 139-149
- Syncope in children: diagnostic tests have a high cost and low yield.J Pediatr. 2005; 146: 355-358
- Guidelines on management (diagnosis and treatment) of syncope-update 2004. Executive summary.Eur Heart J. 2004; 25: 2054-2072
- AHA/ACCF scientific statement on the evaluation of syncope: from the American Heart Association Councils on Clinical Cardiology, Cardiovascular Nursing, Cardiovascular Disease in the Young, and Stroke, and the Quality of Care and Outcomes Research Interdisciplinary Working Group; and the American College of Cardiology Foundation In Collaboration With the Heart Rhythm Society.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2006; 47: 473-484
- ED management of pediatric syncope: searching for a rationale.Am J Emerg Med. 2008; 26: 66-70
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Ambulatory health care data; 2010. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/hchs/ahcd/ahcd_estimation_procedures.htm#nhamcs_procedures. Accessed April 1, 2010.
- The international classification of diseases, ninth revision, clinical modification (ICD-9-CM).American Medical Association, Chicago2005
- National profile of nonemergent pediatric emergency department visits.Pediatrics. 2010; 125: 454-459
- Children's health insurance status and emergency department utilization in the United States.Pediatrics. 2003; 112: 314-319
- Health care insurance, financial concerns in accessing care, and delays to hospital presentation in acute myocardial infarction.JAMA. 2010; 303: 1392-1400
- Radiation dose associated with common computed tomography examinations and the associated lifetime attributable risk of cancer.Arch Intern Med. 2009; 169: 2078-2086
- Projected cancer risks from computed tomographic scans performed in the United States in 2007.Arch Intern Med. 2009; 169: 2071-2077
- Myocardial infarction in healthy adolescents.Pediatrics. 2007; 120: e938-e943
- Techniques to improve physicians' use of diagnostic tests: a new conceptual framework.JAMA. 1998; 280: 2020-2027
- Radiation exposure from pediatric head CT: a bi-institutional study.Pediatr Radiol. 2009; 39: 1059-1065
This project was supported in part by cooperative agreement number U18 HS016957-03 from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality.