Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Emergency department evaluation after conducted energy weapon use: review of the literature for the clinician.J Emerg Med. 2011; 40: 598-604
- TASER® Electronic Control Devices Electrical Characteristics – X26.Taser International, Scottsdale, AZ2009
- Electrical characteristics of an electronic control device under a physiologic load: a brief report.Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 2010; 33: 330-336
- The effect of less-lethal weapons on injuries in police use-of-force events.Am J Public Health. 2009; 99: 2268-2274
- Safety and injury profile of conducted electrical weapons used by law enforcement officers against criminal suspects.Ann Emerg Med. 2009; 53: 480-489
- Conducted electrical weapon use by law enforcement: an evaluation of safety and injury.J Trauma. 2010; 68: 1239-1246
- Conductive electrical devices: a prospective, population-based study of the medical safety of law enforcement use.J Trauma. 2008; 64: 1567-1572
- Additional information on taser safety.Ann Emerg Med. 2009; 54: 758-759
Amnesty International. Excessive and lethal force? Amnesty International's concerns about deaths and ill-treatment involving police use of Tasers. Available at: http://www.amnestyusa.org/node/55449. Accessed July 29, 2011.
- Cardiac safety of electrical stun guns: letting science and reason advance the debate.Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 2008; 31: 395-397
- Effects of stun guns and tasers.Lancet. 2001; 358: 687-688
- Acute effects of TASER X26 discharges in a swine model.J Trauma. 2007; 63: 581-590
- TASER X26 discharges in swine produce potentially fatal ventricular arrhythmias.Acad Emerg Med. 2008; 15: 66-73
- Echocardiographic evaluation of a TASER-X26 application in the ideal human cardiac axis.Acad Emerg Med. 2008; 15: 838-844
- Echocardiographic evaluation of TASER X26 probe deployment into the chests of human volunteers.Am J Emerg Med. 2010; 28: 49-55
- Cardiac effects of electrical stun guns: does position of barbs contact make a difference?.Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 2008; 31: 398-408
Ho JD, Dawes DM, Reardon RF, Moscati R, Gardner R, Miner JR. Cardiac and diaphragm ECHO evaluation during TASER device drive stun. Australian College of Emergence Medicine Winter Symposium; 2008.
- Cardiac electrophysiological consequences of neuromuscular incapacitating device discharges.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2006; 48: 798-804
- Taser X26 discharges in swine: ventricular rhythm capture is dependent on discharge vector.J Trauma. 2008; 65 (discussion 1485–7): 1478-1485
- Statistical methods for rates and proportions.2nd edn. Wiley-Interscience, Hoboken, NJ1981
- Study of deaths following electro muscular disruption.U.S. Department of Justice, Washington, DC2011
- Unexpected arrest-related deaths in america: 12 months of open source surveillance.West J Emerg Med. 2009; 10: 68-73
- Effects of cocaine intoxication on the threshold for stun gun induction of ventricular fibrillation.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2006; 48: 805-811
- Effect of an electronic control device exposure on a methamphetamine-intoxicated animal model.Acad Emerg Med. 2010; 17: 436-443
- Electronic control device exposure: a review of morbidity and mortality.Ann Emerg Med. 2011; 58: 178-188
- Taser-induced rapid ventricular myocardial capture demonstrated by pacemaker intracardiac electrograms.J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2007; 18: 876-879