Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
National Center for Injury Prevention & Control, Centers for Disease Control & Prevention. Web-based Injury Statistics Query & Reporting System (WISQARS) nonfatal injury reports. Available at: http://webappa.cdc.gov/sasweb/ncipc/nfirates2001.html. Accessed January 3, 2011.
- Private-party gun sales, regulation, and public safety.N Engl J Med. 2010; 363: 508-511
Federal Bureau of Investigation. Crime in the United States: expanded homicide Table 8(2010). Available at: http://www2.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2009/offenses/expanded_information/data/shrtable_08.html. Accessed January 3, 2011.
- Medical costs and productivity losses due to interpersonal and self-directed violence in the United States.Am J Prev Med. 2007; 32: 474-482
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. National Center for Health Statistics. National Hospital Ambulatory Medical Care Survey: 2007 emergency department summary, Table 13. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nhsr/nhsr026.pdf. Accessed January 3, 2011.
- The US gun stock: results from the 2004 national firearms survey.Inj Prev. 2007; 13: 15-19
- Firearm availability and unintentional firearm deaths.Accid Anal Prev. 2001; 33: 477-484
- Guns in the home and risk of a violent death in the home: findings from a national study.Am J Epidemiol. 2004; 160: 929-936
- Homicide and suicide risks associated with firearms in the home: a national case-control study.Ann Emerg Med. 2003; 41: 771-782
- Factors associated with state variations in homicide, suicide, and unintentional firearm deaths.J Community Health. 2004; 29: 271-283
- One third of households in the USA own firearms which are often stored unsafely.Evid Based Healthc Public Health. 2005; 9: 23-25
Children’s Defense Fund. Protect children not guns 2004. Available at: http://www.childrensdefense.org/child-research-data-publications/data/protect-children-not-guns-report-2004.pdf. Accessed January 3, 2011.
- Nonfatal and fatal firearm-related injuries among children aged 14 years and younger: United States, 1993–2000.Pediatrics. 2004; 113: 1686-1692
- Workplace violence: a survey of emergency physicians in the state of Michigan.Ann Emerg Med. 2005; 46: 142-147
- Implementing means restriction education in urban EDs.Am J Emerg Med. 1998; 16: 257-261
- Firearm restriction as suicide prevention: variation in belief and practice among providers in an urban emergency department.Inj Prev. 2010; 16: 278-281
- Suicide and violence prevention: parent education in the emergency department.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 1999; 38: 250-255
- Parents’ attitudes toward firearm injury prevention counseling in urban pediatric clinics.Pediatrics. 1995; 96: 649-653
- Adolescent suicide: an opportunity for emergency departments to provide injury prevention education.Am J Emerg Med. 1997; 15: 357-360
- Power analyses in survey research: Importance and use for health educators.Am J Health Educ. 2005; 36: 202-207
- Sleep disorders in children: a national assessment of primary care pediatrician practices and perceptions.Pediatrics. 2011; 128: 539-546
- Graduate psychiatric nurse's training on firearm injury prevention.Arch Psychiatr Nurs. 2011; 25: 245-252
- Sheriffs’ perceptions of firearm control policies.J Community Health. 2011; 36: 715-720
- Increasing response rates to mail questionnaires: a review of inducement strategies.Am J Health Educ. 2001; 32: 4-15
- Increasing response rates to postal questionnaires: systematic review.BMJ. 2002; 324: 1183-1187
- Assault injured adolescents presenting to the emergency department: causes and circumstances.Acad Emerg Med. 2006; 13: 610-616
- Violence prevention in the emergency departments: future research priorities.Acad Emerg Med. 2009; 16: 1089-1095
- Emergency medicine: competencies for youth violence prevention and control.Acad Emerg Med. 2002; 9: 947-956
- Training emergency medicine nurses and physicians in youth violence prevention.Am J Prev Med. 2005; 29: 220-225
- Psychiatrists’ practices and perceptions regarding anticipatory guidance on firearms.Am J Prev Med. 2007; 33: 370-373
Emergency Nurses Association. Position Statement: Firearm Safety (2004). Available at: http://www.ena.org/SiteCollectionDocuments/Position%20Statements/Firearm_Safety_-_ENA_PS.pdf. Accessed June 3, 2012.