Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Hospital-based emergency care: at the breaking point.National Academies Press, Washington, DC2006
- Crossing the quality chasm: a new health system for the 21st century.National Academies Press, Washington, DC2001
- The effect of emergency department crowding on clinically oriented outcomes.Acad Emerg Med. 2009; 16: 1-10
- Systematic review of emergency department crowding: causes, effects, and solutions.Ann Emerg Med. 2008; 52: 126-136
- Prolonged emergency department stays of non-ST-segment-elevation myocardial infarction patients are associated with worse adherence to the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association guidelines for management and increased adverse events.Ann Emerg Med. 2007; 50: 489-496
- Emergency department length of stay: a major risk factor for pneumonia in intubated blunt trauma patients.J Trauma. 2007; 63: 9-12
- Impact of delayed transfer of critically ill patients from the emergency department to the intensive care unit.Crit Care Med. 2007; 35: 1477-1483
- A conceptual model of emergency department crowding.Ann Emerg Med. 2003; 42: 173-180
- Analysis of factors influencing length of stay in the emergency department.Can J Emerg Med. 2003; 5: 155-161
- No room at the inn: overcrowding in Ontario's emergency departments.Can J Emerg Med. 2002; 4: 91-97
- Consultations in the emergency department: a systematic review of the literature.Emerg Med J. 2008; 25: 4-9
- A comparison of two models of gynecology service consultation to the emergency department in an academic medical center.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2003; 188: 1166-1168
- Reducing specialty consultation times in the emergency department [abstract].Acad Emerg Med. 2004; 11: 463
- Decreased emergency department length of stay by application of a computerized consultation management system.Acad Emerg Med. 2011; 18: 398-402
- Working with consultants.American College of Emergency Physicians: Foresight. 2002; 53: 1-7
- Consultation in the emergency department: a qualitative analysis and review.J Emerg Med. 2011; 42: 704-711
- Referral patterns: an audit into referral practice among doctors in emergency medicine.Emerg Med J. 2005; 22: 355-358
- Dynamics of bed use in accommodating emergency admissions: stochastic simulation model.BMJ. 1999; 319: 155-158
- Maximizing hospital capacity: expediting patient throughput in an era of shortage.The Advisory Board Company, Washington, DC2002
Portions of this study were reported on December 14, 2011 to the University Health System Consortium's ED to Inpatient Improvement Collaborative: Improving ED Throughput by Addressing the Physician Consultation Process.