Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Webster Dictionary. Knife definition. Available at: http://www.webster-dictionary.net/definition/knife. Accessed June 24, 2011.
Toolbox Talks. Topic: Knife safety. Available at: http://safety.cat.com/toolbox. Accessed June 24, 2011.
- Age 14 starts a child’s increased risk of major knife or gun injury in Washington, DC.J Natl Med Assoc. 2004; 96: 169-174
- The stabbed wounds as a cause of injuries of different parts of the body.Ann Univ Mariae Curie Sklodowska Med. 2004; 59: 193-199
- Penetrating trauma in Ontario emergency departments: a population-based study.CJEM. 2007; 9: 16-20
- Trends in admissions to hospital involving an assault using a knife or other sharp instrument, England, 1997–2005.J Public Health. 2007; 29: 186-190
- Homicides involving knives and other sharp objects in Scotland, 1981–2003.J Public Health. 2006; 28: 145-147
- Hunting-related injuries.Wis Med J. 1990; 89: 573-576
- Injuries and illnesses of big game hunters in western Colorado: a 9-year analysis.Wilderness Environ Med. 2007; 18: 20-25
- Knife inflicted penetrating injuries of the maxillofacial region: a descriptive, record-based study.Injury. 2010; 41: 77-81
- Stab injury of the thoracic spinal cord: case report.Turk Neurosurg. 2008; 18: 298-301
- Thoracic stab wound with impaled knife.J Trauma. 2006; 60: 1379
- The NEISS sample (design and implementation).U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, Washington, DC1999
- National Hospital Ambulatory Medical Care Survey: 2003 outpatient department summary.Adv Data. 2005; 366: 1-36
U.S. Bureau of the Census. United States resident population by age and sex. Available at: http://www.census.gov. Accessed June 24, 2011.
Health and Safety Executive (HSE). HSE information sheet. How to reduce your hand knife injuries. Plastics Processing Sheet No 12. May 2000. Available at: http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/pps12.pdf. Accessed June 24, 2011.
- Frozen-food-related hand injuries.Ann Plast Surg. 2006; 57: 18-19
- The beefburger injury: a retrospective survey.BMJ. 1997; 315: 580
- Pumpkin carver’s palm.N Engl J Med. 1978; 298: 348
- The safety of pumpkin carving tools.Prev Med. 2004; 38: 799-803
- Hazards of pumpkin carving.Am Fam Physician. 1988; 38: 221-222
- “Pumpkin carvers” tendon injuries: repair of children’s flexor tendon lacerations caused by a sharp knife.Minn Med. 1988; 71: 622-624
- How sharp is sharp? Towards quantification of the sharpness and penetration ability of kitchen knives used in stabbings.Int J Legal Med. 2008; 122: 281-291
Brattain DH. Knife safety. Indiana FACS Best Practices. 2007. Available at: http://www.docstoc.com/docs/29119195/CAF-KNIFESAFETY. Accessed June 24, 2011.
Knife safety. 2001. Available at: http://www.diabetic-lifestyle.com/articles/oct01_cooki_1.htm. Accessed June 24, 2011.
Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations. Scalpel safety. Staying safe while working on the cutting edge. Environment of Care® News 2009;12:6–11.