Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Emergency Medicine
- Does removing certificate-of-need regulations lead to a surge in health care spending?.J Health Polit Policy Law. 1998; 23: 455-481
- The effect of certificate-of-need laws on hospital beds and healthcare expenditures: an empirical analysis.Am J Manag Care. 2009; 15: 737-744
- Econometric analysis of cross-section and panel data.The MIT Press, Cambridge, MA2001
- Overcrowding in the nation's emergency departments: complex causes and disturbing effects.Ann Emerg Med. 2000; 35: 63-68
- Emergency department crowding: consensus development of potential measures.Ann Emerg Med. 2003; 42: 824-833
- Improving quality of patient care in an emergency department: a laboratory perspective.Am J Clin Pathol. 2008; 130: 573-577
- Models for improving patient throughput and waiting at hospital emergency departments.J Emerg Med. 2012; 43: 1119-1126
Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Incidence and age at diagnosis; 2007. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/diabetes/statistics/incidence_national.htm. Accessed March 24, 2013.
Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Chronic disease overview; 2011. Available at: www.cdc.gov/nccdphp. Accessed March 24, 2013.
- CDC health disparities and inequalities report—United States, 2011.MMWR Surveill Summ. 2014; 60 Suppl: 1-2
- Air quality and the frequency of emergency room visits for asthma.Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 1995; 74: 269-273
National Center for Health Statistics. Health, United States, 2012. Hyattsville, MD: National Center for Health Statistics. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/hus/hus12.pdf. Accessed November 20, 2013.
Stata. Stata 11.2 Available at: www.stata.com. Accessed August 2, 2013.
- Effects of regulation on hospital costs and input use.J Law Econ. 1980; 23: 81-109
- Certificate of need revisited.Spectrum. 1993; 66: 36-44
- Endogenous hospital regulation and its effects on hospital and non-hospital expenditures.J Regul Econ. 1991; 3: 137-154
- Cardiac certificate of need regulations and the availability and use of revascularization services.Am Heart J. 2007; 154: 767-775
- Certificate of need (CON) for cardiac care: controversy over the contributions of CON.Health Serv Res. 2009; 44: 483-500
- Mortality in Medicare beneficiaries following coronary artery bypass graft surgery in states with and without certificate of need regulation.JAMA. 2002; 288: 1859-1866
- The effects of regulation, competition, and ownership on mortality rates among hospital inpatients.N Engl J Med. 1988; 318: 1100-1107
- Certificate of need and the quality of cardiac surgery.Am J Med Qual. 2001; 16: 155-160
- Certificate of need regulations and use of coronary revascularization after acute myocardial infarction.JAMA. 2006; 295: 2141-2147