Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Emergency Medicine
- Emergency medicine in the new South Africa.Ann Emerg Med. 1998; 32: 367-372
- Funding emergency medicine development in low- and middle-income countries.Emerg Med Clin North Am. 2005; 23: 45-56
- Lessons learned from international emergency medicine development.Emerg Med Clin North Am. 2005; 23: 133-147
- Africa’s first emergency medicine training program at the University of Cape Town/Stellenbosch University: history, progress, and lessons learned.Acad Emerg Med. 2011; 18: 868-871
- History of the development of international emergency medicine.Emerg Med Clin North Am. 2005; 23: 1-10
Ghana Ministry of Health. The health sector in Ghana, facts and figures, 2010. Accra, Ghana. Available at: http://www.moh-ghana.org/UploadFiles/Publications/GHS%20Facts%20and%20Figures%202010_22APR2012.pdf. Accessed December 18, 2013.
Mathers C, Boerma T, Fat D, World Health Organization. The global burden of disease: 2004 update. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization. Available at: http://www.searo.who.int/LinkFiles/Reports_GBD_report_2004update_full.pdf. Accessed November 1, 2011.
Cameron M. World report on road traffic injury prevention. (M. Peden, R. Scurfield, D. Sleet, D. Mohan, A. A. Hyder, E. Jarawan, & C. Mathers, Eds.). Inj Prev 2004;10:255–256. Available at: http://linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S003335060500212X. Accessed November 1, 2011.
- Priorities for improving hospital-based trauma care in an African city.J Trauma. 2001; 51: 747-753
- Essential trauma care in Ghana: adaption and implementation on the political touch road.World J Surg. 2006; 30: 934-939
- The evolution and current state of emergency care in Ghana.Afr J Emerg Med. 2013; 3: 52-58
Challoner KR. Emergency medicine in Ghana. American Academy of Emergency Medicine. 2007;14:21. Available at: http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/556969_2. Accessed November 1, 2011.
- Long-term injury related disability.Disabil Rehabil. 2003; 25: 732-741
- Ghana postgraduate obstetrics/gynecology collaborative residency training program: success story and model for Africa.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2003; 189: 692-696
- Emergency nurses in South Africa.Int Emerg Nurs. 2010; 18: 59-60
- Emergency nursing in South Africa.Int Emerg Nurs. 2008; 16: 127-131
- Emergency nursing experience in Malawi.Int Emerg Nurs. 2008; 16: 59-64
- Injury surveillance in a central hospital in Kigali, Rwanda.J Emerg Nurs. 2010; 36: 212-216
- Skills and educational needs of accident and emergency nurses in Ghana: An initial needs analysis.Afr J Emerg Med. 2011; 1: 119-125
- 2008 Annual Report.Government of Ghana, Ministry of Health Publication, Accra, Ghana2009
- 2009 Annual Report.Government of Ghana, Ministry of Health Publication, Accra, Ghana2010
- 2010 Annual Report.Government of Ghana, Ministry of Health Publication, Accra, Ghana2011
Mould-Millman CN, Lynch CL, Sasser SM, Isakov A, Akoriyea SK, Zakariah AN. Basic emergency medical technicians in greater Accra, Ghana: a baseline assessment of essential trauma knowledge. In press.
- Human resources for health: overcoming the crisis, Global Equity Initiative.Harvard University Press, Cambridge, MA2004 (Available at:)Accessed November 1, 2011)
Systems Improvement at District Hospitals and Regional Training of Emergency Care (sidHARTe), 2012. Available at: http://www.sidharte.org. Accessed December 30, 2013.