We present a case of a 71-year-old woman with a partially embedded finger ring in her left ring finger after a mechanical fall and laceration to the finger approximately 9 weeks earlier. It was removed on the ward under local anesthetic without event.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Emergency Medicine
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Chronic erosion injury of a digit by a ring; epidemiology, staging treatment and prognosis.Br J Plast Surg. 2002; 55: 353-355
- The embedded ring case report and review of literature.Orthopedics. 1985; 8: 999
- An unusual ring injury.J Hand Surg. 1977; 2A: 111-112
- The embedded ring injury—case report and review of literature.Hand Surg. 2003; 8: 103-105
- Dangers of neglect: partially embedded ring upon a finger.BMJ Case Rep. 2013; 9: 2013
- Unusual presentation of a ring injury in a psychiatric patient.J Psychosoc Nurs Ment Health Serv. 1999; 37: 37-38
- Completely embedded ring in the finger of a growing child.Ann Plast Surg. 1995; 34: 76-77
- Embedded ring injury of the middle finger in an amphetamine abuser.J Chin Med Assoc. 2006; 69: 95-97
- An unusual presentation of a ring injury.J Hand Surg Am. 1982; 7: 194-195
- Removal of a hardened steel ring from an extremely swollen finger.Am J Emerg Med. 1995; 13: 318-320
- Embedded-ring syndrome.Ann Emerg Med. 1995; 25: 856-857
- The embedded ring injury.Inj Extra. 2005; 36: 55-57
Published online: November 18, 2014
Accepted: September 30, 2014
Received in revised form: September 11, 2014
Received: May 30, 2014
All persons gave their informed consent before their inclusion in this paper.
© 2015 Elsevier Inc. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.