Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Emergency Medicine
- Special requirement for residency training in emergency medicine in essentials and information items 1993–1994.ACGME, Chicago1994
- Residents’ hours and supervision.Acad Med. 1989; 64: 175-181
- Special requirements for residency education in emergency medicine [draft].Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education, Board on Health Care Services, and Institute of Medicine, Chicago1992
- Duty hour in emergency medicine: balancing patient safety, resident wellness, and the resident training experience: a consensus response to the 2008 Institute of Medicine Resident Duty Hours Recommendations.Acad Emerg Med. 2010; 17: 1004-1011
Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME). ACGME program requirements for graduate medical education in emergency medicine. Available at: https://www.acgme.org/acgmeweb/Portals/0/PFAssets/2013-PR-FAQ-PIF/110_emergency_medicine_07012013.pdf. Accessed July 1, 2013.
- 60-hour work week.Ann Emerg Med. 1989; 18 ([letter]): 1134
- Resident service hours in emergency medicine.Acad Emerg Med. 1995; 2: 124-127
National Resident Matching Program. The match. Available at: http://www.nrmp.org/. Accessed February 9, 2014.
- Effect of reducing interns’ weekly work hours on sleep and attentional failures.N Engl J Med. 2004; 351: 1829-1837
- The occupational risk of motor vehicle collisions for emergency medicine residents.Acad Emerg Med. 1999; 6: 1050-1053
- Extended work shifts and the risk of motor vehicle crashes among interns.N Engl J Med. 2005; 352: 125-134
- Effect of reducing interns’ work hours on serious medical hours in intensive care units.N Engl J Med. 2004; 351: 1838-1848
- Emergency medicine residents’ shiftwork tolerance and preference.Acad Emerg Med. 2000; 7: 670-673
- An applicant’s evaluation of an emergency medicine internship and residency.Ann Emerg Med. 1990; 9: 774-780
This study was reviewed and approved by an internal Institutional Review Board with waiver of consent.