Why Should an Emergency Physician be Aware of This?
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
U.S. Department of State: Diplomacy in Action. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of State. What is modern slavery? 2010. Available at: http://www.state.gov/j/tip/what/index.htm. Accessed July 18, 2015.
- H.R. 3244: Victims of Trafficking and Violence Protection Act of 2000.Library of Congress. United States Congress, 2000 (Available at:)Accessed July 18, 2015)
- Recognizing victims of human trafficking in the pediatric emergency department.Pediatr Emerg Care. 2015; 31: 144-147
- Trafficking in persons: U.S. policy and issues for Congress.Congressional Research Service, Washington, DC2013
- Human trafficking in the emergency department: hiding in plain sight?.American Public Health Association, New Orleans, LA2014 (Available at:)Accessed July 18, 2015)
U.S. Department of State: Diplomacy in Action. Trafficking in persons report 2015. Available at: http://www.state.gov/j/tip/rls/tiprpt/2015/. Accessed July 18, 2015.
- Turning pain into power: trafficking survivors' perspectives on early intervention strategies.Family Violence Prevention Fund, San Francisco2005 (Available at:)Accessed July 18, 2015)
- Identification of human trafficking victims in health care settings.Health Hum Rights. 2011; 13: E36-E49
- The health consequences of sex trafficking and their implications for identifying victims in healthcare facilities.Ann Health Law. 2014; 23: 61-91
- Caring for Trafficked Persons: Guidance for Health Providers.International Organization for Migration, Geneva, Switzerland2009 (http://publications.iom.int/bookstore/free/CT_Handbook.pdf. Accessed July 28, 2015)
- Sex trafficking of women and girls.Rev Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 6: e22-e27
- Psychological coercion in human trafficking: an application of Biderman's Framework.Qual Health Res. 2015; 25: 1171-1181
- Prevalence and risk of violence and the physical, mental, and sexual health problems associated with human trafficking: systematic review.PLoS Med. 2012; 9: e1001224
- Health of men, women, and children in post-trafficking services in Cambodia, Thailand, and Vietnam: an observational cross-sectional study.Lancet Glob Health. 2015; 3: e154-e161
Banks D, Kyckelhahn T. Characteristics of suspected human trafficking incidents, 2008-2010. Special report, US Department of Justice. Available at: http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/cshti0810.pdf. Accessed July 18, 2015.
- An international comparative public health analysis of sex trafficking of women and girls in eight cities: achieving a more effective health sector response.J Urban Health. 2013; 90: 1194-1204
- Human trafficking in the emergency department.West J Emerg Med. 2010; 11: 402-404
- Human trafficking health system protocol development: a tale of two coasts.Paper presented at the American Public Health Association, Chicago, IL2015
- Sexually transmitted coinfections among HIV-infected sex-trafficked women and girls, Nepal.Emerg Infect Dis. 2008; 14: 932-934
- The relationship of trauma to mental disorders among trafficked and sexually exploited girls and women.Am J Public Health. 2010; 100: 2442-2449
- Combating slavery in the 21st century: the role of emergency medicine.J Health Care Poor Underserved. 2012; 23: 980-987
- Domestic sex trafficking of minors: medical student and physician awareness.J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2015; ([Epub ahead of print])https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpag.2015.05.006
- Medical providers' understanding of sex trafficking and their experience with at-risk patients.Pediatrics. 2015; 135: e895-e902
- Health care providers and human trafficking: what do they know, what do they need to know? Findings from the Middle East, the Caribbean, and Central America.Front Public Health. 2015; 3: 6
- Human trafficking education and assessment for medical students.Poster session presented at the American Public Health Association Annual Meeting and Exposition, Chicago, IL2015
Miller C. Toward evidence-based practice for sex trafficking survivors. Paper presented at the 25th International Nursing Research Congress, Hong Kong; 2014.
- Educating health care professionals on human trafficking.Pediatr Emerg Care. 2014; 30: 856-861
- Human trafficking: review of educational resources for health professionals.Am J Prev Med. 2013; 44: 283-289
- Medical education on human trafficking.AMA J Ethics. 2014; 17: 914-921
- Network of health professionals combatting human trafficking – HEAL Trafficking.Paper presented at the American Public Health Association, New Orleans, LA2014
Stoklosa H. HEAL trafficking: health professional education, advocacy & linkage. Available at: https://healtrafficking.wordpress.com/education. Accessed July 18, 2015.