- Emergency medical services and the pediatric patient: are the needs being met?.Pediatrics. 1984; 73: 769-772
- Emergency medical services for children.The National Academies Press, Washington, DC1993
- Ability of hospitals to care for pediatric emergency patients.Pediatr Emerg Care. 2001; 17: 170-174
- Emergency care for children in pediatric and general emergency departments.Pediatr Emerg Care. 2007; 23: 94-102
- Emergency department quality assurance/improvement practices for the pediatric patient.Ann Emerg Med. 1995; 25: 804-808
- Pediatric preparedness of US emergency departments: a 2003 survey.Pediatrics. 2007; 120: 1229-1237
- Care of children in the emergency department: guidelines for preparedness.Pediatrics. 2001; 107: 777-781
- Joint policy statement-guidelines for care of children in the emergency department.Pediatrics. 2009; 124: 1233-1243
- Availability of pediatric services and equipment in emergency departments: United States, 2002–03.Adv Data. 2006; : 1-16
Schappert SM, Bhuiya F. Availability of pediatric services and equipment in emergency departments: United States, 2006. Natl Health Stat Report 2012;(47):1–21.
- A national assessment of pediatric readiness of emergency departments.JAMA Pediatr. 2015; 169: 527-534
- National survey of pediatric services available in US emergency departments.Int J Emerg Med. 2013; 6: 13
- Outcomes and delivery of care in pediatric injury.J Pediatr Surg. 2006; 41 (discussion 92–8): 92-98
- Pediatric readiness and facility verification.Ann Emerg Med. 2016; 67: 320-328.e1
Ely M. An analysis of state pediatric emergency department designation systems. QI Collaborative Expert Panel Meeting. National Emergency Medical Services for Children Database Analysis Resource Center. DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, Bethesda, MD. Presented February 18, 2016.
- IOM report: the future of emergency care in the United States health system.Acad Emerg Med. 2006; 13: 1081-1085
- Factors associated with ability to treat pediatric emergencies in US hospitals.Pediatr Emerg Care. 2007; 23: 681-689
- Institute of Medicine Committee on the Future of Emergency Care in the US. Emergency care for children: growing pains. National Academy Press, Washington, DC2007
- Arizona's emergency medical services for children pediatric designation system for emergency departments.J Emerg Med. 2016; 51: 194-200
- Deaths: final data for 2013.Natl Vital Stat Rep. 2016; 64: 1-119
Arizona Department of Health Services. State Trauma Advisory Board Annual Reports. Available at: http://www.azdhs.gov/preparedness/emergency-medical-services-trauma-system/index.php#data-quality-assurance-reports. Accessed January 16, 2017.
- Emergency department quality: an analysis of existing pediatric measures.Acad Emerg Med. 2011; 18: 519-526
Data from this study was presented at the American College of Emergency Physicians Annual Conference, October 18, 2016 in Las Vegas, Nevada.