Why Should Emergency Physicians Be Aware of This?
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Neurogenic pain syndromes and their management.Br Med Bull. 1991; 47: 644-666
- Prevalence of neuropathic pain in emergency patients: an observational study.Am J Emerg Med. 2011; 29: 43-49
- Oral nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for neuropathic pain.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2015; 5: CD010902
- The opioid prescription epidemic and the role of emergency medicine.Ann Emerg Med. 2014; 64: 490-495
- Opioid prescribing in a cross section of US emergency departments.Ann Emerg Med. 2015; 66: 253-259
- Feasibility of forearm ultrasonography-guided nerve blocks of the radial, ulnar, and median nerves for hand procedures in the emergency department.Ann Emerg Med. 2006; 48: 558-562
- Forearm ultrasound-guided nerve blocks vs landmark-based wrist blocks for hand anesthesia in healthy volunteers.Am J Emerg Med. 2016; 34: 730-734
- Randomized trial of buffered versus plain lidocaine for local anaesthesia in open carpal tunnel decompression.J Hand Surg (Br). 2004; 29: 30-31
- Ultrasound guidance for ulnar nerve block in the forearm.Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2003; 28: 335-339
- Ultrasound-guided forearm nerve blocks in kids: a novel method for pain control in the treatment of hand-injured pediatric patients in the emergency department.Pediatr Emerg Care. 2015; 31: 255-259
- Door-to-block time: prioritizing acute pain management for femoral fractures in the ED.Am J Emerg Med. 2014; 32: 801-803
- Ultrasound-guided forearm nerve blocks for hand blast injuries: case series and multidisciplinary protocol.Am J Emerg Med. 2016; 34: 1895-1897
- Prolonged relief of neuralgia after regional anesthetic blocks. A call for further experimental and systematic clinical studies.Pain. 1990; 43: 287-297
- Injection with methylprednisolone proximal to the carpal tunnel: randomised double blind trial.BMJ. 1999; 319: 884-886
- Neural blockade for neuropathic pain.Clin J Pain. 2000; 16: S58-S61
- Contribution of central neuroplasticity to pathological pain. Review of clinical and experimental evidence.Pain. 1993; 52: 259-285
- Sensory afferent impulses originate from dorsal root ganglia as well as from the periphery in normal and nerve injured rats.Pain. 1983; 17: 321-339
- Tetrodotoxin inhibits neuropathic ectopic activity in neuromas, dorsal root ganglia, and dorsal horn neurons.Pain. 1997; 72: 41-49
- Practice guidelines for chronic pain management: an updated report by the American Society of Anesthesiologists Task Force on Chronic Pain Management and the American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine.Anesthesiology. 2010; 112: 810-833