Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Part 7: adult advanced cardiovascular life support: 2015 American heart association guidelines update for cardiopulmonary resuscitation and emergency cardiovascular care.Circulation. 2015; 132: S444-S464
- The carotid pulse check revisited: what if there is no pulse?.Crit Care Med. 2000; 28: N183-N185
- Basic cardiac life support providers checking the carotid pulse: performance, degree of conviction, and influencing factors.Acad Emerg Med. 2004; 11: 878-880
- Focused echocardiographic evaluation in life support and peri-resuscitation of emergency patients: a prospective trial.Resuscitation. 2010; 81: 1527-1533
- Ultrasound witnessed cardiac arrest in the ICU.J Emerg Trauma Shock. 2014; 7: 341-342
- Diagnostic accuracy and therapeutic impact of transthoracic and transesophageal echocardiography in mechanically ventilated patients in the ICU.Chest. 1994; 106: 1829-1834
- Sonography in hypotension and cardiac arrest (SHoC): rates of abnormal findings in undifferentiated hypotension and during cardiac arrest as a basis for consensus on a hierarchical point of care ultrasound protocol.Cureus. 2016; 8: e564
- Checking the carotid pulse check: diagnostic accuracy of first responders in patients with and without a pulse.Resuscitation. 1996; 33: 107-116
- Checking the carotid pulse: diagnostic accuracy in students of the healthcare professions.Resuscitation. 2000; 44: 195-201
- Outcome in cardiac arrest patients found to have cardiac standstill on the bedside emergency department echocardiogram.Acad Emerg Med. 2001; 8: 616-621
- Ultrasound use during cardiopulmonary resuscitation is associated with delays in chest compressions.Resuscitation. 2017; 119: 95-98
- Variability in interpretation of cardiac standstill among physician sonographers.Ann Emerg Med. 2018; 71: 193-198
- A randomized trial of epinephrine in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest.N Engl J Med. 2018; 379: 711-721
- Emergency department point-of-care ultrasound in out-of-hospital and in-ED cardiac arrest.Resuscitation. 2016; 109: 33-39
- The RUSH exam: rapid ultrasound in SHock in the evaluation of the critically lll.Emerg Med Clin North Am. 2010; 28: 29-56
Streaming video: Five brief real-time video clips that accompany this article are available in streaming video at www.journals.elsevierhealth.com/periodicals/jem. Click on Video Clips 1–5.