Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Emergency Medicine
- Status epilepticus: pathophysiology, epidemiology, and outcomes.Arch Dis Child. 1998; 79: 73-77
- Anticonvulsant therapy for status epilepticus.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2014; 9: CD003723
- Treatment of established status epilepticus.J Clin Med. 2016; 5
- Evidence-based guideline: treatment of convulsive status epilepticus in children and adults: report of the Guideline Committee of the American Epilepsy Society.Epilepsy Curr. 2016; 16: 48-61
- Challenges in the treatment of convulsive status epilepticus.Seizure. 2017; 47: 17-24
- Impact of city police layperson education and equipment with automatic external defibrillators on patient outcome after out of hospital cardiac arrest.Resuscitation. 2017; 118: 27-34
- Looking through the retrospectoscope: reducing bias in emergency medicine chart review studies.Ann Emerg Med. 2014; 64: 292-298
- A definition and classification of status epilepticus--report of the ILAE Task Force on Classification of Status Epilepticus.Epilepsia. 2015; 56: 1515-1523
- The epidemiology of epilepsy in Europe - a systematic review.Eur J Neurol. 2005; 12: 245-253
- Status epilepticus: epidemiology and public health needs.J Clin Med. 2016; 5
- Comparison of intranasal midazolam with intravenous diazepam for treating acute seizures in children.Epilepsy Behav. 2004; 5: 253-255
- Intramuscular versus intravenous therapy for prehospital status epilepticus.N Engl J Med. 2012; 366: 591-600
- Parenteral midazolam is superior to diazepam for treatment of prehospital seizures.Prehosp Emerg Care. 2015; 19: 218-223
- Is intranasal midazolam an effective rescue medication in adolescents and adults with severe epilepsy?.Seizure. 2000; 9: 417-422
- Intranasal midazolam vs rectal diazepam in acute childhood seizures.Pediatr Neurol. 2006; 34: 355-359
- Effects of intranasal midazolam and rectal diazepam on acute convulsions in children: prospective randomized study.J Child Neurol. 2002; 17: 123-126
- Double-blind study of lorazepam and diazepam in status epilepticus.JAMA. 1983; 249: 1452-1454
- A comparison of lorazepam, diazepam, and placebo for the treatment of out-of-hospital status epilepticus.N Engl J Med. 2001; 345: 631-637
- Safety and efficacy of buccal midazolam versus rectal diazepam for emergency treatment of seizures in children: a randomised controlled trial.Lancet. 2005; 366: 205-210
Department to which the work is attributed: Blood Transfusion Service Zürich, SRC, Schlieren, Switzerland and University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland.
Oliver M. Theusinger designed the study, conducted the study, analyzed the data and wrote the manuscript. Peter Schenk designed the study, conducted the study and wrote the manuscript. Katharina Dette-Oltmann helped to write the manuscript. Sergio Mariotti designed the study, conducted the study and made significant contributions to the manuscript. Werner Baulig helped to conduct the study, and made significant contribution in the preparation of the manuscript.
Oliver M. Theusinger has received honoraria or travel support for consulting or lecturing from the following companies: CSL Behring Schweiz, Zurich, Switzerland, Vifor SA, Villars-sur-Glâne, Switzerland, Roche Pharma (Schweiz) AG, Reinach, Switzerland, Pentapharm AG, München, Germany, TEM International GmbH, München, Germany, Octapharma AG Lachen, Switzerland, Instrumentation Laboratory, Bedford, MA. The remaining authors have no conflicts of interest.