Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Emergency Medicine
- Heart disease and stroke statistics—2016 update: a report from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2016; 133: e38-e360
- Atrial fibrillation: a major contributor to stroke in the elderly.Arch Intern Med. 1987; 147: 1561-1564
- Atrial fibrillation as an independent risk factor for stroke: the Framingham Study.Stroke. 1991; 22: 983-988
- Stroke and thromboembolism in atrial fibrillation.Circ J. 2012; 76: 2289-2304
- Noninvasive cardiac monitoring for detection of paroxysmal atrial fibrillation or flutter after acute ischemic stroke: a systematic review.Stroke. 2007; 38: 2935-2940
- Subclinical atrial fibrillation and stroke: insights from continuous monitoring by implanted cardiac electronic devices.Europace. 2015; 17: ii40-ii46
- Accuracy of atrial tachyarrhythmia detection in implantable devices with arrhythmia therapies.Pace. 2004; 27: 983-992
- Pacemaker-detected atrial fibrillation in patients with pacemakers: prevalence, predictors, and current use of oral anticoagulation.Can J Cardiol. 2013; 29: 224-228
- Does atrial fibrillation detected by cardiac implantable electronic devices have clinical relevance?.Cardiol Clin. 2014; 32: 271-281
- Refining clinical risk stratification for predicting stroke and thromboembolism in atrial fibrillation using a novel risk factor-based approach: the euro heart survey on atrial fibrillation.Chest. 2010; 137: 263-272
- CHA2DS2-VASc score for atrial fibrillation stroke risk. MD+Calc.(Available at:)https://www.mdcalc.com/cha2ds2-vasc-score-atrial-fibrillation-stroke-risk#evidenceDate accessed: May 7, 2019
- A new risk scheme to predict warfarin-associated hemorrhage: the ATRIA (AnTicoagulation and Risk factors In Atrial fibrillation) study.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2011; 58: 395-401
- ASSERT Investigators. Subclinical atrial fibrillation and the risk of stroke.N Engl J Med. 2012; 366: 120-129
- Incidence of newly detected atrial arrhythmias via implantable devices in patients with a history of thromboembolic events.Stroke. 2010; 41: 256-260
- Atrial fibrillation burden: moving beyond atrial fibrillation as a binary entity: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2018; 137: e623-e644
- Practices of cardiac implantable electronic device follow-up: results of the European Heart Rhythm Association survey.Europace. 2012; 14: 423-425
- 2019 AHA/ACC/HRS focused update of the 2014 AHA/ACC/HRS guideline for the management of patients with atrial fibrillation.Circulation. 2019; 140: e125-e151
- Early identification and intervention in patients with atrial fibrillation in the emergency department can significantly improve guideline-based anticoagulation and reduce the risk of stroke.Ann Emerg Med. 2017; 70: S119-S120
Disclosures: This study was sponsored by Pfizer, United States. Sharp HealthCare was a paid consultant to Pfizer in connection with the conduct of this study. Kristina L. Greenwood and Divina Fanning are employees of Sharp HealthCare and did not receive any direct financial support for their work on this manuscript. Matthew Pugh, Peter Belott, and Besa Smith were contracted by Sharp HealthCare in connection with conducting this study and with the development of this manuscript.