Why Should an Emergency Physician Be Aware of This?
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Tripartite Concept Note. Sharing responsibilities and coordinating global activities to address health risks at the animal-human-ecosystem interfaces.(Available at:)https://www.who.int/influenza/resources/documents/tripartite_concept_note_hanoi_042011_en.pdf?ua=1Date accessed: November 1, 2019
- Forward: clinical perspectives.in: Rabinowitz P.M. Conti L.A. Human-animal medicine clinical approaches to zoonoses, toxicants and other shared health risks. xvi. Saunders Elsevier, Maryland Heights, MO2010
- Operationalizing “one health”: a policy perspective—taking stock and shaping an implementation roadmap: meeting overview.(Available at:)http://www.cdc.gov/onehealth/pdf/atlanta/meeting-overview.pdfDate accessed: December 24, 2015
- One health—a narrative review. Ecology and Environment (Hebrew).2014: 6 (Available at:)http://www.magazine.isees.org.il/ArticlePage.aspx?ArticleId=478Date accessed: November 8, 2019
- Toward proof of concept of a one health approach to disease prediction and control.Emerg Infect Dis. 2013; 19: 12
- Incorporating one health into medical education.BMC Med Educ. 2017; 17: 45
- The ‘One Health’ paradigm: time for infectious diseases clinicians to take note?.Can J Infect Dis Med Microbiol. 2010; 21: 111-114
- One Health: a compelling convergence.Acad Med. 2013; 88: 49-55
- Zoobiquity: what animals can teach us about health and the science of healing.Alfred A. Knopf, New York2012
- Clinical one health: a novel healthcare solution for underserved communities.One Health. 2018; 6: 34-36
- Infections of the skin, muscles, and soft tissues.in: Kasper D.L. Hauser S.L. Jameson J.L. Harrison’s principles of internal medicine. 19th edn. II. McGraw Hill, New York2015
- Streptococcal infections.in: Kasper D.L. Hauser S.L. Jameson J.L. Harrison’s principles of internal medicine. 19th edn. II. McGraw Hill, New York2015
- The other group G Streptococcus: increased detection of Streptococcus canis ulcer infections in dog owners.J Clin Microbiol. 2007; 45: 2327-2329
- Streptococcus canis infections in humans: retrospective study of 54 patients.J Infect. 2007; 55: 23-26
- Draft genome sequence of zoonotic Streptococcus canis isolate G361.Genome Announc. 2017; 5
- Endocarditis caused by Streptococcus canis: an emerging zoonosis?.Infection. 2016; 44: 111-114
- Identification of isolates of Streptococcus canis infecting humans.J Clin Microbiol. 2001; 39: 4196-4199
- SCM, the M protein of Streptococcus canis binds immunoglobulin G.Front Cell Infect Microbiol. 2017; 7: 80
- Human case of bacteremia caused by Streptococcus canis sequence type 9 harboring the scm gene.IDCases. 2017; 7: 48-52
- Establishing a new approach to clinical health history.in: Rabinowitz P.M. Conti L.A. Human-animal medicine: clinical approaches to zoonoses, toxicants and other shared health risks. Saunders Elsevier, Philadelphia, PA2010
- Shared strategies to maximize human and animal health.in: Rabinowitz P.M. Conti L.A. Human-animal medicine: clinical approaches to zoonoses, toxicants and other shared health risks. Saunders Elsevier, Philadelphia, PA2010
- High rates of potentially infectious exposures between immunocompromised patients and their companion animals: an unmet need for education.Intern Med J. 2017; 47: 333-335
- Knowledge, attitudes, and practices related to pet contact by immunocompromised children with cancer and immunocompetent children with diabetes.J Pediatr. 2014; 165: 348-355.e2
- Guidelines for preventing infectious complications among hematopoietic cell transplantation recipients: a global perspective.Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2009; 15: 1143-1238
- One health in practice: a pilot project for integrated care of zoonotic infections in immunocompromised children and their pets in Chile.Zoonoses Public Health. 2016; 63: 403-409
Reprints are not available from the authors.