- Pediatric and adolescent injury in rodeo.Res Sports Med. 2018; 26: 114-128
Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association. About the PRCA. Available at https://www.prorodeo.com/prorodeo/rodeo/about-the-prca. Accessed September 15, 2020.
- Analysis of 10 years of injury in high school rodeo.Clin J Sport Med. 2009; 19: 383-387
- A comparison of injury rates in organised sports, with special emphasis on American bull riding.Int Sport Med J. 2007; 8: 78-86
- Analysis of 4 years of injury in professional rodeo.Clin J Sport Med. 2020; 30: 591-597
- Epidemiologic analysis of injury in five years of Canadian professional rodeo.Am J Sports Med. 2002; 30: 193-198
- Six-year retrospective study of bullriding injuries in central Queensland.Australas Med J. 2012; 5: 362-366
- Rodeo catastrophic injuries and registry: Initial retrospective and prospective report.Clin J Sport Med. 2011; 21: 243-248
- Thumb amputations from team roping.Am J Sports Med. 2003; 31: 728-735
- Effect of experience on rodeo injury.Clin J Sport Med. 2002; 12: 30-35
- Bull-riding injuries.Ann Emerg Med. 1998; 32: 118
- Ventricular septal rupture in an amateur rodeo rider.J Trauma. 2004; 56: 697-699
- Unusual mechanism of injury resulting in a thoracic chance fracture in a rodeo athlete: a case report.J Athl Train. 2014; 49: 274-279
- Equestrian injuries in children.J Pediatr Surg. 2009; 44: 148-150
United States Consumer Product Safety Commission. National Electronic Injury Surveillance System (NEISS). Available at: https://www.cpsc.gov/Research–Statistics/NEISS-Injury-Data/Explanation-Of-NEISS-Estimates-Obtained-Through-The-CPSC-Website. Accessed September 14, 2020.
United States Consumer Product Safety Commission. NEISS coding manual. January 2019. Available at: https://www.cpsc.gov/s3fs-public/2019_NEISS_Coding_Manual.pdf. Accessed September 14, 2020.
- Nonfatal horse-related injuries treated in emergency departments in the United States, 1990–2017.Am J Emerg Med. 2020; 38: 1062-1068
- Worker injuries involving the interaction of cattle, cattle handlers, and farm structures or equipment.J Agric Saf Health. 2015; 21: 3-12
- Bull riding-related brain and spinal cord injuries – Louisiana, 1994–1995.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 1996; 45: 796-798
- Helmet underutilization by children during equestrian events is asociated with increased traumatic brain injury.J Pediatr Surg. 2018; 53: 545-547