Why Should an Emergency Physicians Be Aware of This?
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Boerhaave syndrome.StatPearls. March 2, 2020 (Available at:)Accessed November 15, 2020)
- Outcomes following Boerhaave's syndrome.Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2013; 95: 557-560
- Reporte de un caso y revisión de la literatura [Boerhaave's syndrome. Case report and literature review].Rev Gastroenterol Mex. 2002; 67: 190-194
- Spontaneous rupture of the esophagus: a 30-year experience.Ann Thorac Surg. 1989; 47: 689-692
- Boerhaave's syndrome: still a diagnostic and therapeutic challenge in the 21st century.Case Rep Crit Care. 2013; 2013161286
- Radiological findings in Boerhaave's syndrome.Emerg Radiol. 2003; 10: 8-13
- Ultrasound Guidelines: Emergency, Point-of-care, and Clinical Ultrasound Guidelines in Medicine.June 2016 (Approved Available at: https://www.acep.org/globalassets/new-pdfs/policy-statements/ultrasound-guidelines---emergency-point-of-care-and-clinical-ultrasound-guidelines-in-medicine.pdf)
- Spontaneous pneumomediastinum on bedside ultrasound: case report and review of the literature.West J Emerg Med. 2015; 16: 321-324
- Subcutaneous emphysema and ultrasound sonography.J Intensive Care. 2013; 1: 8
- Multimodality imaging approach for the early diagnosis Boerhaave syndrome.J Ayub Med Coll Abbottabad. 2017; 29: 157-158
- Overview of point-of-care abdominal ultrasound in emergency and critical care.J Intensive Care. 2016; 4: 53
- Accuracy of abdominal ultrasound for the diagnosis of pneumoperitoneum in patients with acute abdominal pain: a pilot study.Crit Ultrasound J. 2015; 7: 15
- Gastrointestinal perforation: ultrasonographic diagnosis.Crit Ultrasound J. 2013; 5: S4
- Ultrasonography is superior to plain radiography in the diagnosis of pneumoperitoneum.Br J Surg. 2002; 89: 351-354
- Pneumomediastinum diagnosed on ultrasound in the emergency department: a case report.Perm J. 2015; 19: e122-e124
Streaming video: Two brief real-time video clips that accompany this article are available in streaming video at www.journals.elsevierhealth.com/periodicals/jem. Click on Video Clips 1 and 2.