Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Analysis of the fight-ending chokes in the history of the Ultimate Fighting ChampionshipTM mixed martial arts promotion.Phys Sportsmed. 2022; 50: 60-63
- Time to unconsciousness from sportive chokes in fully resisting highly trained combatants.Int J Perform Anal Sport. 2020; 20: 720-728
- There is more to the mechanism of unconsciousness from vascular neck restraint than simply carotid compression.Int J Neurosci. 2020; 130: 103-106
- Dangers of mixed martial arts in the development of chronic traumatic encephalopathy.Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2019; 16: 254
- No established link between repeated transient chokes and chronic traumatic encephalopathy related effects. No Established Link between Repeated Transient Chokes and Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy Related Effects. Comment on Lim, L.J.H. et al. Dangers of Mixed Martial Arts in the Development of Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy. Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health 2019, 16, 254.Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2019; 16: 1059
- The King-Devick test in mixed martial arts: the immediate consequences of knock-outs, technical knock-outs, and chokes on brain functions.Brain Inj. 2019; 33: 349-354
- Chokes in mixed martial arts. Comment on Hubbard et al. Brain Injury (2019; 33: 349-354).Brain Inj. 2019; 33: 959-960
- Injury rate and pattern among Brazilian jiu-jitsu practitioners: a survey study.Phys Ther Sport. 2019; 39: 107-113
- The safety of sportive chokes: a cross-sectional survey-based study.Phys Sportsmed. 2020; 48: 473-479
- Brazilian jiu jitsu, judo, and mixed martial arts injuries presenting to United States emergency departments, 2008–2015.J Prim Prev. 2018; 39: 421-435
- Internal carotid artery dissection in Brazilian jiu-jitsu.J Cerebrovasc Endovasc Neurosurg. 2017; 19: 111-116
- Vertebral artery dissection in active-duty soldier due to mixed martial arts choke hold.Fed Pract. 2018; 35: 12-17
- Vertebral-artery dissection following a judo session: a case report.Neuropediatrics. 1994; 25: 106-108
- Case report on vertebral artery dissection in mixed martial arts.Emerg Med Australas. 2012; 24: 203-206
- Stroke without dissection from a neck holding manoeuvre in martial arts.Br J Sports Med. 1997; 31: 346-347
- Vertebral artery dissection in sport: a systematic review.Sports Med. 2019; 49: 553-564
- Cervical artery dissection after sports - an analytical evaluation of 190 published cases.Eur Stroke J. 2017; 2: 335-345
- Stroke in sports: a case series.J Neurol. 2014; 261: 1570-1574
- Vertebral artery dissection in sport: expert opinion of mechanisms and risk-reduction strategies.J Clin Neurosci. 2019; 68: 28-32
Strokes, Carotid or Vertebral Artery Dissection in Jiu Jitsu Survivors. Facebook Group. Accessed June 13, 2021. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1256571557841387/?ref=share.
- Incidence and outcome of cervical artery dissection: a population-based study.Neurology. 2006; 67: 1809-1812
- Gender differences in spontaneous cervical artery dissection.Neurology. 2006; 67: 1050-1052
- Risk of stroke and recurrent dissection after a cervical artery dissection: a multicenter study.Neurology. 2003; 61: 1347-1351
- Prevalence of cervical artery dissection among hospitalized patients with stroke by age in a nationally representative sample from the United States.Neurology. 2021; 96: e1005-e1011
- Time trends in incidence, comorbidity, and mortality of ischemic stroke in Denmark (1996–2016).Neurology. 2020; 95: e2343-e2353
- An interesting case report of vertebral artery dissection following polytrauma.Int J Surg Case Rep. 2016; 28: 196-199
- A case report of vertebral artery dissection following a cervical manipulation.Int J Spine Res. 2019; 1: 1-3https://doi.org/10.17352/ijsr.000001
- Vertebral artery dissection caused by chiropractic manipulation.J Vasc Surg. 1991; 14: 122-124
Martin C. Strokes and dissections in BJJ. Accessed June 14, 2021. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYq4oZCXcv3jm0BQlxUQ1Yg.
Grappling information from BizJitsu. Medium. Accessed June 14, 2021. https://bizjitsu.medium.com/.