Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Adverse drug reactions: definitions, diagnosis, and management.Lancet. 2000; 356: 1255-1259
- Adverse drug events in U.S. adult ambulatory medical care.Health Serv Res. 2011; 46: 1517-1533
Lucado J, Paez K, Elixhauser A. Medication-related adverse outcomes in U.S. hospitals and emergency departments, 2008: Statistical Brief #109. Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP) Statistical Briefs. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; 2006.
- Outcomes of emergency department patients presenting with adverse drug events.Ann Emerg Med. 2011; 58 (–9.e4): 270
- Do emergency physicians attribute drug-related emergency department visits to medication-related problems?.Ann Emerg Med. 2010; 55 (e4): 493-502
- Adverse drug event nonrecognition in emergency departments: an exploratory study on factors related to patients and drugs.J Emerg Med. 2014; 46: 857-864
- Emergency hospitalizations for adverse drug events in older Americans.N Engl J Med. 2011; 365: 2002-2012
- Incidence, severity and preventability of medication-related visits to the emergency department: a prospective study.CMAJ. 2008; 178: 1563-1569
- Adverse drug events in adult patients leading to emergency department visits.Ann Pharmacother. 2010; 44: 641-649
- Determining the frequency and preventability of adverse drug reaction-related admissions to an Irish University Hospital: a cross-sectional study.Emerg Med J. 2014; 31: 24-29
- Drug-related visits to the emergency department: how big is the problem?.Pharmacotherapy. 2002; 22: 915-923
- Opportunities and responsibilities in pharmaceutical care.Am J Hosp Pharm. 1990; 47: 533-543
Pharmaceutical Care Network Europe. Proceedings PCNE Working Conference 1999: The outcomes of pharmaceutical care. 1st PCNE Working Conference, Hillerod, Denmark; 1999.
- Adverse drug reactions in elderly patients following discharge from an internal medicine clinic.Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2014; 52: 906-913
- Use of an electronic information system to identify adverse events resulting in an emergency department visit.Qual Saf Health Care. 2010; 19: e53
- Medication-related admissions in older people: a cross-sectional, observational study.Drugs Aging. 2009; 26: 951-961
- The effects of pharmacist intervention on emergency department visits in patients 80 years and older: subgroup analyses by number of prescribed drugs and appropriate prescribing.PLoS One. 2014; 9e111797
- National estimates of insulin-related hypoglycemia and errors leading to emergency department visits and hospitalizations.JAMA Intern Med. 2014; 174: 678-686
- U.S. emergency departments visits resulting from poor medication adherence: 2005-07.J Am Pharm Assoc (2003). 2013; 53: 513-519
- The urgent need to improve health care quality. Institute of Medicine National Roundtable on Health Care Quality.JAMA. 1998; 280: 1000-1005
- Crossing the Quality Chasm: A New Health System for the 21st Century.National Academy Press, 2001
- Clinical decision rules to improve the detection of adverse drug events in emergency department patients.Acad Emerg Med. 2012; 19: 640-649
Presented at the American College of Emergency Physician's Scientific Assembly's Research Forum, Denver, CO, 2012, and Chicago, IL, 2014, and published in abstract form: Fowler CL, Baudoin MR, Bellamkonda VR, et al. Drug-related problems in the emergency department: development of a real-time electronic surveillance and notification system. Ann Emerg Med. 2012;60(4):S113; Perinpam L, Haag JD, Baudoin MR, et al. Drug-related problems in emergency department patients: a prospective evaluation of prevalence, categorization, and disposition. Ann Emerg Med. 2014;64(4):S64; Perinpam L, Haag JD, Baudoin MR, et al. Preventability and severity scoring of drug-related problems in the emergency department. Ann Emerg Med. 2014;64(4):S100-S101.