Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Is bottle gourd a natural guard?.Int Res J Pharm. 2011; 2: 13-17
- Bottle gourd (Lagenaria siceraria) toxicity: a “bitter” diagnostic dilemma.J Clin Diagn Res. 2014; 8: MD05-MD07
- Bottle gourd (Lagenaria siceraria) juice poisoning.World J Emerg Med. 2015; 6: 308-309
- Cucurbitacins – An insight into medicinal leads from nature.Pharmacogn Rev. 2015; 9: 12-18
- Antihyperlipidemic effects of metabolite extract from Lagenaria siceraria Stand. fruit in hyperlipidemic rats.J Ethnopharmacol. 2009; 124: 333-337
The Ayurveda Experience. Bottle gourd benefits (lauki, calabash), juice, recipes. May 16, 2018. Available at: https://theayurvedaexperience.com/blogs/tae/bottle-gourd-benefits-lauki-calabash-juice-recipes. Accessed Jan 30, 2022.
- Christer Andersson H. Cucurbitacins in plant food.Nordic Council of Ministers, Copenhagen, Denmark2006
- Naturally occurring food toxins.Toxins. 2010; 2: 2289-2332
- Cucurbitacins in bitter zucchini. Crop and food research report No. 598.New Zealand Institute for Crop & Food Research Limited, Palmerston North, NZ2002
- Bottle gourd poisoning.JK Sci. 2006; 8: 120-121
- Gastrointestinal toxicity due to bitter bottle gourd (Lagenaria siceraria)—a report of 15 cases.Indian J Gastroenterol. 2011; 30: 233-236
- Assessment of effects on health due to consumption of bitter bottle gourd (Lagenaria siceraria) juice.Indian J Med Res. 2012; 135: 49-55
- June 21 Available at: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/pune/healthy-woman-dies-after-drinking-bottle-gourd-juice/articleshow/64675921.cms. Accessed Jan 30, 2022.
- Poisonous plants: a handbook for pharmacists, doctors, toxicologists, biologists and veterinarians.2nd edn. Manson Publishing Ltd., London2005
Olson K, ed. Poisoning & drug overdose. 5th edn. New York: McGraw-Hill Medical; 2006.