Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Current challenges in pain management in hip fracture patients.J Orthop Trauma. 2016; 30 (suppl): S1-S5
- Fascia iliaca block for pain control in hip fracture patients [El bloqueo iliofascial en el tratamiento analgésico de la fractura de cadera del anciano].Rev Esp Cir Ortop Traumatol. 2017; 61 ([in English, Spanish]): 383-389
- Fascia iliaca block in the emergency department for hip fracture: a randomized, controlled, double-blind trial.BMC Geriatr. 2019; 19: 180
- Ultrasound-guided femoral nerve blocks in elderly patients with hip fractures.Am J Emerg Med. 2010; 28: 76-81
- Practice advisory on the bleeding risks for peripheral nerve and interfascial plane blockade: evidence review and expert consensus.Can J Anaesth. 2019; 66: 1356-1384
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Hip fractures among older adults. Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/falls/hip-fractures.html. Accessed Xxxx XX, 202X .
- Relationship between pain and opioid analgesics on the development of delirium following hip fracture.J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2003; 58: 76-81
National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information. Compound summary: bupivacaine. Available at: https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/Bupivacaine-hydrochloride. Accessed Xxxx XX, 202X.
- Fascia iliaca regional anesthesia in hip fracture patients revisited: which fractures and surgical procedures benefit most?.J Orthop Trauma. 2020; 34: 469-475
- A comparison in outcomes of preoperative single-shot versus continuous catheter fascia iliaca regional anesthesia in geriatric hip fracture patients.Injury. 2020; 51: 1337-1342
- Monograph.Relias Media: Emergency Medicine Reports, 2018 (March 1Available at:)https://www.reliasmedia.com/articles/142305-ultrasound-guided-nerve-blocks-in-the-emergency-department(Accessed Xxxx XX, 202X)
- Proximal femur fractures in patients taking anticoagulants.EFORT Open Rev. 2020; 5 (May, 23, 2022): 699-706
Institution where this study was performed: Marshfield Medical Center, Marshfield, Wisconsin. Over the course of the study, the hospital changed names. It was previously known as Ministry Saint Joseph's Hospital.