Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Drug overdose deaths. Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/drugoverdose/deaths/index.html. Accessed March 4, 2020.
- Key substance use and mental health indicators in the United States: results from the 2019 National Survey on Drug Use and Health.Center for Behavioral Health Statistics and Quality, Substance Abuse and and Mental Health Services Administration, Rockville, MD2020 (HHS Publication No. PEP20-07-01-001, NSDUH Series H-55Available at)https://www.samhsa.gov/data/sites/default/files/reports/rpt29393/2019NSDUHFFRPDFWHTML/2019NSDUHFFR090120.htm(Accessed May 18, 2022)
- Incidence and predictors of opioid prescription at discharge after traumatic injury.JAMA Surg. 2017; 152: 930-936
- Guideline for discharge opioid prescriptions after inpatient general surgical procedures.J Am Coll Surg. 2018; 226: 996-1003
- Perception of traumatic onset, compensation status, and physical findings: impact on pain severity, emotional distress, and disability in chronic pain patients.J Behav Med. 1996; 19: 435-453
- Risk factors for continued opioid use one to two months after surgery for musculoskeletal trauma.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2014; 96: 495-499
- Risk factors for drug dependence among out-patients on opioid therapy in a large US health-care system.Addiction. 2010; 105: 1776-1782
- Managing chronic pain in patients with opioid dependence.Curr Treat Options Psychiatry. 2014; 1: 204-223
- Opioid abuse in chronic pain – misconceptions and mitigation strategies.N Engl J Med. 2016; 374: 1253-1263
- Physical and psychological outcomes 8 months after serious gunshot injury.J Trauma. 2002; 53: 709-716
- National estimates of exposure to traumatic events and PTSD prevalence using DSM-IV and DSM-5 criteria.J Trauma Stress. 2013; 26: 537-547
- PTSD'S mediation of the relationships between trauma, depression, substance abuse, mental health, and physical health in individuals with severe mental illness: evaluating a comprehensive model.Schizophr Res. 2012; 136: 104-109
- Epidemiological evidence about the relationship between PTSD and alcohol abuse: the nature of the association.Addict Behav. 1998; 23: 813-825
- Posttraumatic stress disorder, poor physical health and substance use behaviors in a national trauma-exposed sample.Psychiatry Res. 2011; 188: 390-395
- The prevalence and impact of prescription controlled substance use among injured patients at a Level I trauma center.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2014; 76: 172-175
- Prescription opioid and benzodiazepine use after road traffic injury.Pain Med. 2016; 17: 304-313
- Long-term follow-up of opioid use in patients with acetabular fractures.Inj Extra. 2012; 43: 49-53
- Prescription opioids for occupational injury: results from workers’ compensation claims records.Pain Med. 2014; 15: 1549-1557
- Pain scores iimprove analgesic administration patterns for trauma patients in the emergency department.Acad Emerg Med. 2004; 11: 264-270
- Predictors of sustained prescription opioid use after admission for trauma in adolescents.J Adolesc Health. 2016; 58: 92-97
- Development of a risk index for serious prescription opioid-induced respiratory depression or overdose in Veterans’ Health Administration patients.Pain Med. 2015; 16: 1566-1579
- Correlation between 24-hour predischarge opioid use and amount of opioids prescribed at hospital discharge.JAMA Surg. 2017; e174859
- Disparities in analgesia and opioid prescribing practices for patients with musculoskeletal pain in the emergency department.J Emerg Nurs. 2006; 32: 219-224
- Clinical policy: critical issues in the prescribing of opioids for adult patients in the emergency department.Ann Emerg Med. 2012; 60: 499-525
- Clinical guidelines for the use of chronic opioid therapy in chronic noncancer pain.J Pain. 2009; 10 (e22): 113-130
Washington State Legislature. RCW 43.371 Statewide health care claims data. Available at: https://app.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=43.371&full=true. Accessed August 4, 2020.
- Clinical Classifications Software Refined (CCSR) for ICD-10-CM diagnoses.Rockville, MD, 2020 (Available at:)Accessed January 4, 2021)
- Burn injury pain: the continuing challenge.J Pain. 2007; 8: 533-548
- Rural-urban commuting area codes.2019 (Available at:)PublishedAccessed December 20, 2021)
- Open-access programs for injury categorization using ICD-9 or ICD-10.Inj Epidemiol. 2018; 5: 11
- The quest for a universal definition of polytrauma: a trauma registry-based validation study.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2014; 77 (Available at) (Accessed March 1, 2022): 620-623https://journals.lww.com/jtrauma/Fulltext/2014/10000/The_quest_for_a_universal_definition_of.16.aspx
Gasparini A. Comorbidity scores. 2020. Available at: https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/comorbidity/vignettes/comorbidityscores.html. Accessed July 2, 2021.
Washington State Health Care Authority. Washington Apple Health (Medicaid) Opioid Prescribing Report Technical Document; 2018. Available at: https://www.hca.wa.gov/assets/program/opioid-prescribing-report-technical-doc.pdf. Accessed June 1, 2020.
- Opioid prescriptions for chronic pain and overdose: a cohort study.Ann Intern Med. 2010; 152: 85-92
- Risks of developing persistent opioid use after major surgery.JAMA Surg. 2016; 162: 276-286
- Risk factors and outcomes of chronic opioid use following trauma.Br J Surg. 2020; 107: 413-421
Alexander R. Washington state health authority limits quantities of prescribed opioids. Walla Walla Union-Bulletin. Available at: https://www.union-bulletin.com/local/washington-state-health-authority-limits-quantity-of-opioid-prescriptions/article_9c33d6ba-bb3b-11e7-af63-033034e4b32a.html. Published 2017. Accessed December 20, 2021.
- Cannabis use and risk of prescription opioid use disorder in the United States.Am J Psychiatry. 2018; 175: 47-53
- Improving adherence to long-term opioid therapy guidelines to reduce opioid misuse in primary care: a cluster-randomized clinical trial.JAMA Intern Med. 2017; 177: 1265-1272
- Optimizing the Treatment of Acute Pain in the Emergency Department.April 2017 (Available at)https://www.acep.org/globalassets/new-pdfs/policy-statements/optimizing-the-treatment-of-acute-pain-in-the-ed.pdf(Accessed May 18, 2022)
- Pain management in trauma patients affected by the opioid epidemic: a narrative review.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2019; 87: 430-439
- Acute postoperative pain management.Proc (Bayl Univ Med Cent). 2000; 13: 244-247
- Psychological distress mediates the effect of pain on function.Pain. 2011; 152: 1349-1357
- Hospital prescribing of opioids to Medicare beneficiaries.JAMA Intern Med. 2016; 176: 990-997
- Telehealth and chronic pain management from rapid adaptation to long-term implementation in pain medicine: a narrative review.Pain Rep. 2021; 6: e912
- Risk factors for opioid-use disorder and overdose.Anesth Analg. 2017; 125: 1741-1748