Why Should an Emergency Physician Be Aware of This?
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Accidental ingestion of a press-through package: an underestimated cause of serious iatrogenic disease in the elderly?.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2006; 54: 1467-1468
- Multidetector computed tomography to detect ingested press-through packages: utility of multiplanar reconstruction imaging in the emergency department.Acute Med Surg. 2014; 2: 202-206
- Press-through package mis-swallowing: usefulness of computed tomography.Acute Med Surg. 2015; 2: 195-198
- Radiation exposure from CT scans in childhood and subsequent risk of leukaemia and brain tumours: a retrospective cohort study.Lancet. 2012; 380: 499-505
- Ingested foreign bodies: a case series demonstrating a novel application of point-of-care ultrasonography in children.Pediatr Emerg Care. 2013; 29: 870-873
- Point-of-care ultrasonography in the detection of pediatric esophageal food impaction.Am J Emerg Med. 2016; 34 (763.e1–3)
- Role of sonography for evaluation of gastrointestinal foreign bodies.J Ultrasound Med. 2016; 35: 2723-2732
- Bedside sonography for the diagnosis of esophageal food impaction.Am J Emerg Med. 2017; 35: 720-724
- Pediatric food impaction detected through point-of-care ultrasonography.Clin Exp Emerg Med. 2018; 5: 135-137
- Novel uses of point-of-care ultrasound for pediatric foreign bodies: an emergency department case series.J Emerg Med. 2018; 55: 530-533
- Another useful application of point-of-care ultrasound: detection of esophageal foreign bodies in pediatric patients.Pediatr Emerg Care. 2019; 35: 154-156
- Point-of-care ultrasound as an aid to upper esophageal foreign body removal.Saudi J Anaesth. 2019; 13: 89-90
- Application of point-of-care ultrasound for different types of esophageal foreign bodies: three case reports A CARE-compliant article.Medicine (Baltimore). 2020; 99: e18893
- Pediatrician performed point-of-care ultrasound for the detection of ingested foreign bodies: case series and review of the literature.J Ultrasound. 2021; 24: 107-114
- Sonographic and CT imaging features of intestinal perforation from a pill and packing: a case report.Medicine (Baltimore). 2018; 97: e0427
- A case of the usefulness of abdominal ultrasonography for diagnosis of small-intestine penetration caused by mis-ingestion of press through package.Jpn J Med Ultrasound Technology. 2020; 45: 414-420
- Management of esophageal foreign bodies: a retrospective review of 400 cases.Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2002; 21: 653-656