Why Should an Emergency Physician Be Aware of This?
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Rhododendrons, mountain laurel, and mad honey.JAMA. 1988; 259: 2009
- Voltage-gated sodium channels as primary targets of diverse lipid-soluble neurotoxins.Cell Signal. 2003; 15: 151-159https://doi.org/10.1016/s0898-6568(02)00085-2
- Grayanotoxin poisoning: ‘mad honey disease’ and beyond.Cardiovasc Toxicol. 2012; 12: 208-215https://doi.org/10.1007/s12012-012-9162-2
- Mad honey intoxication: a systematic review on the 1199 cases.Food Chem Toxicol. 2015; 86: 282-290https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fct.2015.10.018
- A case with complete atrioventricular block related to mad honey intoxication.Ann Emerg Med. 2007; 50: 484-485https://doi.org/10.1016/j.annemergmed.2007.04.029
- An unusual presentation of mad honey poisoning: acute myocardial infarction.Int J Cardiol. 2008; 129: e56-e58https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijcard.2007.06.129
- Mad honey poisoning-related asystole.Emerg Med J. 2007; 24: 592-593https://doi.org/10.1136/emj.2006.045625
- Examination using LC-MS/MS determination of grayanotoxin levels in blood, urine, and honey consumed by patients presenting to the emergency department with mad honey intoxication and relations with clinical data: a preliminary study.Ann Saudi Med. 2015; 35: 161-164https://doi.org/10.5144/0256-4947.2015.161
- Grayanotoxin levels in blood, urine and honey and their association with clinical status in patients with mad honey intoxication.Turk J Emerg Med. 2017; 18: 29-33https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tjem.2017.05.001
Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services Division of Plant Industry. Coffee, teas, honey, nuts, & spices. Can I bring it? - Don't pack a pest! Travelers Campaign. Available at: https://www.dontpackapest.com/Can-I-Bring-It/Coffee-Teas-Honey-Nuts-Spices. Accessed September 3, 2021.
Turkish mad honey website. Available at: https://turkishmadhoney.com/. Accessed September 3, 2021.
Mad Honey Limited Reserve website. Available at: https://www.themadhoney.net/. Accessed September 3, 2021.
Reprints are not available from the authors.