Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Gore WD, Barnett MR. San Diego County Sheriff's Department Use of Force Statistical Report 2019-2020. Available at: https://www.sdsheriff.gov/home/showpublisheddocument/1635/637499260406470000. Accessed July 31, 2021.
Gore WD, Barnett MR. San Diego County Sheriff's Department Use of Force Statistical Report 2018-2019. Available at: https://www.sdsheriff.gov/home/showpublisheddocument/556/637433022516600000. Accessed July 31, 2021.
Gore WD, Elvin M. San Diego County Sheriff's Department Use of Force Statistical Report 2015-2016. Available at: https://www.sdsheriff.gov/home/showpublisheddocument/550/637433022483470000. Accessed July 31, 2021.
Corrigan P. The case against the use of spit hoods in response to Covid-19. Amnesty International UK/Blogs, 5 November 2020. Available at: https://www.amnesty.org.uk/blogs/belfast-and-beyond/case-against-use-spit-hoods-response-covid-19. Accessed July 31, 2021.
- Police use of spit hoods scrutinized after Black man's death.AP News, September 4, 2020 (Available at)https://apnews.com/article/virus-outbreak-ap-top-news-health-ny-state-wire-racial-injustice-62d9762308a31b5d5671b26beb70818d(Accessed July 31, 2021)
- What are ‘spit hoods,’ and why do the police use them?.The New York Times, September 3, 2020 (Available at)Accessed July 31, 2021)
Chappell B. No charges against Tucson police officers in death of Carlos Ingram-Lopez. NPR, September 22, 2020. Available at: https://www.npr.org/sections/live-updates-protests-for-racial-justice/2020/09/22/915733112/no-charges-against-tucson-police-officers-in-death-of-carlos-ingram-lopez. Accessed July 31, 2021.
- Lawsuit over Michigan man's death in jail focuses on officers’ use of ’spit hood’.RT [Russia Today] News, 11 January 2016 (Available at)Accessed July 31, 2021)
- Physiological effects of a spit sock.Am J Emerg Med. 2019; 37 (Available atAccessed December 27, 2022): 291-293https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajem.2018.09.050
- Further study on the physiological effects of an alternative spit mask.J Forensic Leg Med. 2020; 72101945
- Viscosity and wettability of animal mucin solutions and human saliva.Oral Dis. 2007; 13: 181-186
- Daniel Prude's death highlights dangers of ‘spit hoods’ and calls for regulation.Washington Post, September 5, 2020 (Available at)Accessed August 7, 2021)
- (ABC 10), Thomas C. Family of 12-year-old in spit hood incident files federal lawsuit against Sacramento.ABC. 24 April 2020; 10 (Available at) (Accessed July 31, 2021)https://www.abc10.com/article/news/local/sacramento/sacramento-spit-hood-incident/103-35bd0912-f5ee-4cdd-baff-126c52672c5f