Acute eosinophilic pneumonia (AEP) is a rare but serious lung disease that can cause severe respiratory compromise. We present a case of AEP with its classic radiographic appearance.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Emergency Medicine
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- More than a pore: a current perspective on the in vivo mode of action of the lipopeptide antibiotic daptomycin.Antibiotics (Basel). 2020; 9: 17
- Daptomycin-induced eosinophilic pneumonia - a systematic review.Antimicrob Resist Infect Control. 2016; 5: 55
- Acute eosinophilic pneumonia. Causes, diagnosis, and management.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2018; 197: 728-736
- Drug-induced eosinophilic pneumonia: a review of 196 case reports.Medicine (Baltimore). 2018; 97: e9688https://doi.org/10.1097/MD.0000000000009688
- Alterations in smoking habits are associated with acute eosinophilic pneumonia.Chest. 2008; 133: 1174-1180
- Acute eosinophilic pneumonia secondary to menthol cigarette use: a rare phenomenon with a review of literature.J Investig Med High Impact Case Rep. 2020; 82324709620925978
- Acute eosinophilic pneumonia associated with non-cigarette smoking products: a systematic review.Adv Respir Med. 2020; 88: 142-146
- Idiopathic acute eosinophilic pneumonia: A rare cause of hypoxic respiratory failure.Am J Emerg Med. 2019; 37 (e1–3): 2264
- Acute eosinophilic pneumonia with sepsis-like symptoms of arthralgia, joint stiffness and lymph node enlargement: a case report.Respir Med Case Rep. 2020; 30101072
- Eosinophilic pneumonia: a review of the previous literature, causes, diagnosis, and management.Allergol Int. 2019; 68: 413-419
- Idiopathic acute eosinophilic pneumonia: a study of 22 patients.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2002; 166: 1235-1239
- Acute eosinophilic pneumonia. A summary of 15 cases and review of the literature.Medicine (Baltimore). 1996; 75: 334-342
- Clinical characteristics and corticosteroid treatment of acute eosinophilic pneumonia.Eur Respir J. 2013; 41: 402-409
Published online: March 01, 2023
Accepted: February 17, 2023
Received in revised form: January 8, 2023
Received: October 28, 2022
Publication stageIn Press Uncorrected Proof
© 2023 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.