Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Emergency Medicine
- What clinicians should know about the QT interval.JAMA. 2003; 289: 2120-2127
- Increased QT interval variability in 3 recently concussed athletes: an exploratory observation.J Athl Train. 2011; 46: 230-233
- Cardiovascular complications of brain injury.Cont Educ Anaesth Crit Care Pain. 2012; 12: 67-71
- Electrocardiographic changes after head trauma.J Electrocardiol. 2005; 38: 77-81
- Electrocardiographic changes in concussion.Chest. 1978; 74: 468-469
- The use of ondansetron for nausea and vomiting after head injury and its effect on return rates from the pediatric ED.Am J Emerg Med. 2013; 31: 166-172
FDA drug safety communication: new information regarding QT prolongation with ondansetron (Zofran), 2011. U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Accessed January 17, 2016. www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/ucm310190.htm.
- Integration of modeling and simulation to support changes to ondansetron dosing following a randomized, double-blind, placebo-, and active-controlled thorough QT study.J Clin Pharmacol. 2014; 54: 1221-1229
- Double-blind, randomized comparison of the antiemetic efficacy of intravenous dolasetron mesylate and intravenous ondansetron in the prevention of acute cisplatin-induced emesis in patients with cancer. Dolasetron Comparative Chemotherapy-induced Emesis Prevention Group.J Clin Oncol. 1996; 14: 2242-2249
- Phase III double-blind comparison of dolasetron mesylate and ondansetron and an evaluation of the additive role of dexamethasone in the prevention of acute and delayed nausea and vomiting due to moderately emetogenic chemotherapy.J Clin Oncol. 1997; 15: 2966-2973
- The effects of ondansetron and granisetron on electrocardiography in children receiving chemotherapy for acute leukemia.Am J Clin Oncol. 2005; 28: 201-204
- Prolongation of QTc interval after postoperative nausea and vomiting treatment by droperidol or ondansetron.Anesthesiology. 2005; 102: 1094-1100
GlaxoSmithKline. Zofran (ondansetron) [package insert]. U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Accessed XXXXX. https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2011/020103s030,020605s014,020781s014lbl.pdf.
Zofran (ondansetron) [package insert]. Pfizer; 2021.
GlaxoSmithKline. Zofran (ondansetron) [package insert]. U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Accessed XXXXX. https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2010/020007s040,020403s018lbl.pdf.
- QTc values among children and adolescents presenting to the emergency department.Pediatrics. 2011; 128: e1395-e1401
Publication stageIn Press Uncorrected Proof
Remon Assaad, MD, is currently at the Department of Emergency Medicine, Rochester General Hospital, Rochester, NY.